Dry jetty

Going this weekend? Planning a tour? Need info? A fishing partner? Just ask ...
callmejoe
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Dry jetty

Post by callmejoe »

Well if the fishing good. Who got time to drink anyway...
Yet really it just a few inconsiderate people stuffing it up for the rest.
It costs nothing to smile.
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

apparently its unAustralian to fish without a beer in hand
welcome to the nt :lol:
disco
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by disco »

i never drink while fishing

you can drink alcohol anywhere, anytime. it is basically always available.

not hating on anyone who likes it, but fishing is a serious business, alcohol just gets in the way

(love a beer after i am back home everything is sorted and i am filleting the fish though)
www.tidesandtrails.com
My camping and fishing stories, including some cool locations
Instagram: tidesandtrails
alfie
Seadog
Seadog

Post by alfie »

Fishing there a month back or so, having a few drinks with some mates from NSW. Few of the localresidents enjoying a drink, whilst they fished. All were well behaved and a little loud at times, when I was trying to get some shut eye but no real issues. In the morning as I was cleaning / packing up, getting ready to catch the ferry back. There was rubbish all over the place, ended up picking up their bottles and cans. Will be different fishing overnight with a drink... Hmmm
Good judgement is learnt through experience.
Experience is learnt through bad judgement.
AJay
Seadog
Seadog

Post by AJay »

disco wrote:i never drink while fishing

not hating on anyone who likes it, but fishing is a serious business, alcohol just gets in the way

(love a beer after i am back home everything is sorted and i am filleting the fish though)
Fishing is the polar opposite of serious business for me, I don't even care if I catch nothing a lot of the time. Its more about getting out and seeing whats where for me and catching up with/ hanging poop on he boys. Only time I start getting a bit poopy is if I go for a dedicated bluewater trip chasing a feed and its slow going. In saying that, I used to drink a lot while fishing but I generally don't drink at all any more.
Ben Jam
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Ben Jam »

AJay wrote:
disco wrote:i never drink while fishing

Fishing is the polar opposite of serious business for me, I don't even care if I catch nothing a lot of the time. Its more about getting out and seeing whats where for me and catching up with/ hanging poop on he boys. Only time I start getting a bit poopy is if I go for a dedicated bluewater trip chasing a feed and its slow going. In saying that, I used to drink a lot while fishing but I generally don't drink at all any more.
That's mainly cause you were getting fat!! Haha
----------------------------
-----------------------------