iPilot problem

scottmac
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

iPilot problem

Post by scottmac »

Wasn't sure where to post this, but anyway...
My ipilot died on the weekend. It seemed to be a flat remote battery. Got it going for a bit, before it died. Replaced the battery today and now when I press the 'prop' button it lights up all the icons on the screen for a second or so, then goes blank again. At times it won't light up at all.

I tried to 'relearn' the remote, but this does nothing also. Not getting the beeps that it is supposed to make when it learns a remote. In and Outboard want $380 for a new remote, :shock: so I need to make sure the problems definitely in the remote before I fork out that sort of $$$.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Lats
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: iPilot problem

Post by Lats »

Sorry, haven't had that problem but it kinda sounds like the remote
Hemi
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Hemi »

I had that problem...

Some remotes have had really bad problems with the battery connections..
Try cleaning or stuffing around with the connections..???
In and outboard played around with mine and got it going again.. However they also replaced
mine under warranty... Now I have a spare !! Woohoo!!
"Bite off more than you can chew - Then chew like hell.." - PETER BROCK.
DRAGONMASTER
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DRAGONMASTER »

$200AU on ebay from states.
BarraBus

Post by BarraBus »

Hi, I cannot help with your particular problem but if you need parts, I purchased some new genuine Minn Kota spare parts (new key pad $13) for my gen 1 remote from this site, very cheap and has all the parts diags for everything and very cheap compared to Aussie parts suppliers who only wanted to sell me a new gen 2 remote for $250+

http://www.fish307.com/

Cheers
ponyplay
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by ponyplay »

Mate when you replaced battery with new one are you trying it at home or on water with engine powered up. I ask cause if ya just trying it in the shed or on the couch with out engine powered up close by it will turn of automatically .
Once Bitten
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Once Bitten »

Scottmac, I recently had the same problem not long ago. I found that I hadn't powered up the head unit by flicking the isolator! :banghead: I did the exact same as you with same results on the remote screen... Sometimes when you are in a rush to fish... Common sense goes out the window! :bonk:
... <NAUGHTY{ ... <NAUGHTY{ ... <NAUGHTY{

My missus wants to buy me a GoPro...she said I need it... It's like a black box recorder for fishos...
scottmac
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by scottmac »

Cheers fellas, but I've tried it next to the motor with everything powered up. The remote won't power up at all now. Ordered a new one online.

Unfortunately before I saw Barrabuses post. Might fix the old one as well, but theirs about 4000 minn Kota parts to sift through on that website. I'll have to pull apart the remote and get the part no.
rosco84
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by rosco84 »

Did u think about borrowing someone else's remote to prove that's the problem??
mac10
Seadog
Seadog

Post by mac10 »

I had a similar issue, I took the battery cover off and pressed the battery in harder and it worked?? It now has a small bit of cardboard jammed in there and haven't had a problem since!
Chris
scottmac
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by scottmac »

There is actually two slightly different batteries, depending on the model. The version two model uses the slimmer battery, so that can catch you out. I thought about borrowing another remote, but when mine died altogether it virtually confirmed that was the problem.

Can't source a new keypad on that website, as mine is the old model and the part has been superseded. I got a new remote from the states off Amazon for $191 Aus, bit cheaper than $380 locally. And they wonder why we don't support local businesses?
scottmac
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by scottmac »

Finally got the new remote and I'm back in business. It took three days to travel across three US states and Hawaii and get to Melbourne, then 14 f$&king days to get from Melbourne to Darwin. Here's a big FU to Aus Post! :fubird: :fubird: :fubird: :fubird: :fubird: :fubird: :fubird: :fubird: :fubird: :fubird: :fubird:
jabsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jabsy »

That sucks Scott, but it happens about half the time I order anything from the USA.....