travel rods and canada

Welcome to international visitors. And local members, tell us about your fishing holiday ...
fish er man
Silver Member
Silver Member

travel rods and canada

Post by fish er man »

gday, i am heading to Canada soon and was thinking about getting a travel rod to take with me but am unsure if i take or get it there or not. If i take one, im just a bit unsure about rod size to get and spin reel size. i was looking at getting one of the Daiwa Generation Black Travel Rod GB 85ML Shorehunter but not sure if it is too heavy or no, i want the rod to be quite versatile and to be able to use it pretty much anywhere around the world and Australia. any help will be greatly appreciated.

cheers

Walkabout
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: travel rods and canada

Post by Walkabout »

mate if Canada is anything like America then its half the price. I walked into a two story hunting/fishing store that was 6 x the size of BCF each floor. Had its on gun range, massive bass filled pool for lure demos and they had riffles on racks like there rods for you to just pick up and get a good feel of. I was in there almost an entire day. My bet save your money and get the local experts to sort you out.
STANDY
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by STANDY »

The T-curve travel rods come in a nice rod case
Have had the Ian Miller 1.83 tropical spin travel 603 for a few years and can not fault it. Paired with a older Stella 4000fe
A Fish in the Boat is Worth Five in the Shop.
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

Just be aware that the smaller airlines have a very short baggage length - some are below 5'
madmortimer
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by madmortimer »

Nitro make travel rods. Bit pricey, but nice rods. Some five sections, so quite short for travel. Check em out.

http://www.innovatorrods.com/007-index.html
ponyplay
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by ponyplay »

There are couple bass pros and cabelas over there depends where ya heading. Like sum one else said better to get over there cheap as chips. If ya into fishing you will wet ya pants when ya walk into bass pro shop for first time
fish er man
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by fish er man »

Yea the more i have been thinking about it the more it makes sense to get one over there because of price and also im not really to shore of what to get.
fraze
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fraze »

like most said go into a a bass pro shop they are half the price and twice the size of most shops here
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

If ya into fishing you will wet ya pants when ya walk into bass pro shop for first time
And you'll spew when you see how small the bass are ...