reports for members only

Make suggestions to improve this site
landlocked
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

reports for members only

Post by landlocked »

Who thinks fishing reports should be for members only.
put up your answers for and against. cheers

From the heart of the channel country.
To be old and wise, one has to have been young and stupid !!!
Kevin Kevinson
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Kevin Kevinson »

Whilst i understand the concept behind making people register as members before they can view posts seems like a fair idea ont he surface, I think a something needs to be considered.

What is stopping people from joining as a memeber, but never posting :???:

We currently have 385 members but really it is a solid 20-30 people who do most of the posting with a few occaisional posters taking the numbers to 60-odd active posters I am guessing...that leaves 300+ memebrs who dont post :|

It aggrieves me that people can do what BEAR described and use the site for profit and not return the favour, but in the end you are never going to stop *rseholes from being *rseholes...

But if there are fancy ways we can monitor members and how many posts they submit, and they lose membership after a period of not posting...then i am all ears. :grin:

the problem would still be people registering under another name after being de-registered. :evil:
Cheers

KK (aka Hilly)

and then you nod your head like your saying YES to every beat...
(Homer J Simpson on listening to rock music)
harmsey
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by harmsey »

well we could put our reports in the members area??? dont know if that would work?? i dont like putting gsp points on here but will share them with anyone who asks for em via pm. i know this is not what matt had in mind when he first started this site but it seems some people are taking advantage of other peoples generous nature. :cry: :cry:

:cheers: harmsey
Opes

Post by Opes »

I think that the more people that read and then join the forum the better. Those people that dont post might not do it for various reasons,but arent we all interested in fishing. Does it matter that people dont post. I do concede that people should only PM there GPS readings, but why not have anyone read about how good we 've got it in the Top End! :cheers:
seafarer
Seadog
Seadog

Post by seafarer »

i think the site is great to see and lesson to you nt guy as i m from brisbane and head up there every year to fish the runoff not living their its hard to know whats going on there for hard to give feed back but if a subject comes up i can give feedback i will! p s can anyone give me a job in darwin with holdays in the runoff and weekends off :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
"hold on "
Kevin Kevinson
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Kevin Kevinson »

I just came up with an idea...not sure if it is possible from an IT perspective :???: .

Perhaps we could have certain posts or sections avaliable to people who post a certain amount of times.

for example

0-5 posts Limited posts available to view :smile:
6-10 posts A few more :grin:
11+ Full view of all posts :mrgreen:

that would stop the people who watch but dont contibute....you would like to think if people had gone to enough trouble to post 10 times they would be in it for the right reasons :grin:
To be honest it wouldnt exclude anyone who already actively posts...just cut a few of the leeches off :hunting:

just my thoughts
KK

p.s. seafarer, plenty of us are ex-eastcoasters and would love to know when the tailor are running, or if you have picked up the odd big lizard, or have been out to the shelf etc...the site has provisions for all types of fishing :grin:
Cheers

KK (aka Hilly)

and then you nod your head like your saying YES to every beat...
(Homer J Simpson on listening to rock music)
pagey
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by pagey »

not too sure how to reply to this thread. being an ex-territorian that now lives in QLD, i still monitor/ contribute to the FFF when applicable to keep in touch and remind myself of the silly mistake that i made by leaving the NT. :banghead: :banghead: Knowing that i will return in the future. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: i totally enjoy reaing all of the posts mind you every time i do the jealousy level rises and i remind myself of the mistake that i made by volanterarly(spell) leaving the NT. now that i have had my two cents worth, i believe that the forum was designed by Matt for fisherman to share ideas pointers and wealth with other fisherman.IMHO
But if you recieve i feel that you should give a bit as well. :evil: as i feel that there a few people with in FFF that are minimal users that are leechers. dont get me wrong im all for sharing the good oil. im the first person to tell you exactly where/when /how i caught fish and would expect that people would return the favour for sharing information. take BC for eg although he is viewed on this forum as a little on the contriversal side he is more than willing to share his hot spots 8-) which no doubt some of them took many hours and hard work to find and perfect in regards to stages of tide/ time of year and maybe some of them were inherited from other fishos but alas he shares for one and all. i guess what im trying to say is that if your going to ask for info than expext to give some in return as for only having the info disclosure taking place in a secretive place, isnt that why the FFF has PM facilities and if certain members want to talk then you can pm Matt and set up a private chat room through the VIP membership Sorry for the ramblings but just my thoughts

Pagey
a day at work is a day wasted
Silence is Golden, and Duct tape is SILVER

"Fool proof systems do not take into account the ingenuity of fools." -Ken Clayton

'When the world is made to be idiot-proof, the world will become overpopulated with idiots.'