What tackle bag?

scottmac
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

What tackle bag?

Post by scottmac »

G'day all, I'm thinking Santa needs to bring me a new tackle bag for Xmas. What are your recommendations? More for storing assorted fishing gear, more so than lures, as I have too many lures to fit in one. Just something I can grab when I fish in my/someone else's boat and know I've left nothing behind.

The last Plano one I had was ok, but for some reason the zip was a fine toothed metal one. You can imagine how long that lasted in the salt air! :banghead:

So is Plano the be all and end all of the tackle box world, or are there better options around these days?

Deigs
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: What tackle bag?

Post by Deigs »

have a look at flambeau bags they make some with plastic zips like the shimano bag and hold up pretty good.
deepblack
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by deepblack »

The blue shimano bags with the big plastic zips that don't corrode are the go, just put some Plano Prolatch boxes in it and you are good to go.
North Shore Reel Service 0400494401.
Basstad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Basstad »

Shimano Bayard big blue bag with oversized plastic zippers.......had one for over 4 years been soaked in saltwater no issues.
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

Dont want a hard body box? no zippers to worry about
boof dog
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by boof dog »

Hi scottmac, have never really found any good tackle bags that last, all made in China cr@p!! Grab 2 or 3 or 4 standard Plano trays and take em to a good upholster/canvas trimmer. Tell him how ya want it.. Zips, velcro, sholder strap etc (keep it simple) He should be able to do vinyl or rip stop canvas, up to you! Last a life time and you support local industry.

I have a couple made up, one holds a single tray plus pliers, knife, leader, insect repellent, camera. Great to sling over ya shoulder for those quick landbased strolls.

I don't live in Darwin but am sure there is some good trimmers up there.
I'd rather be 'Up North' than 'Up Set'
jabsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jabsy »

Thats an excellend idea Boof Dog. I bought a Pflueger from Tackle World many tears back, was huge, held 5 trays and had a ton of pockets, ended up having to cut it open to get the fishing gear out after all the zips corroded...

I did see that TW had a trade-in deal on some plano bags recently, maybe its still going? It was on either their website or facebook.
I Wish
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by I Wish »

boof dog wrote:Hi scottmac, have never really found any good tackle bags that last, all made in China cr@p!! Grab 2 or 3 or 4 standard Plano trays and take em to a good upholster/canvas trimmer. Tell him how ya want it.. Zips, velcro, sholder strap etc (keep it simple) He should be able to do vinyl or rip stop canvas, up to you! Last a life time and you support local industry.

I have a couple made up, one holds a single tray plus pliers, knife, leader, insect repellent, camera. Great to sling over ya shoulder for those quick landbased strolls.

I don't live in Darwin but am sure there is some good trimmers up there.
That's a damn good idea. I have yet to find the perfect bag to suit my landbased requirements.

Have one that is close but needs a few tweaks.
scottmac
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by scottmac »

Cheers for the replies. Ended up getting a Flambeau bag from Motackle. Not as many options around as I thought there would be.
cuddlescooper
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by cuddlescooper »

I second the blue shimano tackle bags. Ive got three of them and never had a problem with them. Zippers are big and don't corrode. Canvas is tough and they fit up to 7 trays in them plus other assorted bits and pieces.
samuel86

Post by samuel86 »

Have a look at the Versus VS-3080
http://www.versusmeiho.com.au/versus-ta ... s3080.html

Plenty of storage and can stand up to the toughest weather conditions without the plastic deforming.