Need 2 deckies

Jewies, big reds, macks & more - tell us how you went. NT, FNQ and Norwest.
blackjew
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Need 2 deckies

Post by blackjew »

Well after posting need deckies in the middle of the week and getting 1 reply from Freddie and he was keen as mustard until wed arv,the call was sorry Rob have to work Friday so cant make it OK mate no probs next time,then i managed to find a number that hopefully links to Bellfish thanks Balou .Rang the number straight to message bank i left him a message hoping he would get it in time and a pm on fff,then i see a line in the chat from clunky ,whose looking for a deckie.I sent him a text Thurs arv then i get a call what time are you leaving in 30 mins clunky said OK Ive been crabbing all day but I'm keen as ill be there in 20,wicked then my phone rings g day its Bellfish here ,sorry mate i didn't call you i had my phone stolen a while ago ,Oh that would explain why it was off then , an eager voice said are you still going ,yep how long will it take to get to my place,ill be there in 20 .OK It all fell into place 2 deckies,the skipper had the boat full.
First clunky arrived then nick the ute was loaded now we have to all fit in there ,with lets say 2 over sized lads in a 3 seater ute and me the pretzel in the middle it was a quick detour to the bottle shop then to get to the boat at Berimah ramp.Met Macka at the ramp ,on a Billy chasing mission.
Our mission was South Gutter then head for the Pinnacles after daylight.It was a bit choppy on the way out a quick stop at a princess for a goldy or 3 then of to the South.Anchord up on our spot and no sooner hit the bottom and we were on 50cm goldy then another then another a few a bit bigger ,then some reefies then the pick lifted and we drifted to the center of the gutter.back to a spot near by and more reefies ,they bit solid for about 4 hours,and the odd goldy came on board to.
Then it was time to head to the Pinnacles for some Mack action ,Cruised over our first spot and big arches moved onto the screen .Knife jigs where dropped to be smashed immediately ,then nothing .Oh well more wire another jig ,bang Im on yells the skipper and a solid mack broke the surface.Then Bellfish got hooked up solid then got sharked after a serious fight and several big runs ping his 80lb braid was cut ,another jig gone then the funniest thing happened after about an hour or so the skipper got a nice mack pulled it in the boat it had a heap of green braid wrapped around it .Hmm Bellfish says that looks like mine,and buggggger me if after getting to the end of the braid there was his jig well ill be xxxxx so after making some adjustments to his come the xxxx here rod .He was back in action.bang another solid hit then nothing .Oh man not again ,lost another jig.after losing 10 jigs in total and been bitten off numerous times at the sinker we moved in the hope to find some more gold .After moving a few hundred meters away we found some good ground with some good shows on the bottom.then more reefies and a few more goldies to top up our bag limit.then i got hooked up to something solid hmm lemon i thought but then some real big head shakes then some solid runs i then changed my concentration to JEWY.then the line went slack nooooooooo i pulled in to find the bottom intact,and the top hook was bait less hmm must have been a jewy not hooked solid enough.Then the macks appeared again i got a nice bluebone ,went to pull it on board and there was alot of this green braid wrapped around it ,it was at this stage when Nick said your sheeting me that's my line but we were 1km away when i lost my jig again,anyway his jig was dangling on the end again unbelievable lost twice only to get it back twice .The breeze started to come up so we decided to head for home .
We had a great trip New friend ships were made ,And we have now found 2 great Deckies hat don't get seasick :bonk: forgot to take picks having to much of an awesome time.

balou
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Need 2 deckies

Post by balou »

Sound like you boys had a great trip.

Good deckies are hard to find. Everyone reckons they love fishing but only afew are willing to pitch in , pull their weight and help clean up.
Thai
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Thai »

Your trip sounds awesome
Thai
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Thai »

Your trip sounds awesome
blackjew
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by blackjew »

HEY tHAI
hOWS IT going mate i recon as i was heading home i saw your stabi on the other side of the road ,maybe heading from tarns place which way did you go ,ask the mack smasher he will tell you lol
Scottie5.3
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Scottie5.3 »

Sorry to hijack your thread,
But Thai, were you towed to Dundee this year after running out of fuel coming back from flat top?
If not there's two blokes out there called Thai with stabbis.
Scott's mobile mechanics- 0421 965 093

Life is hard, but it's harder if your stupid - John Wayne
blackjew
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by blackjew »

Gday scottie5.3 you sure it wasn't a BArcrusher with 4 fried dudes in it ,oh and was your lady with you and were you the only nice bloke out there that answered the radio.
Thai
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Thai »

Hey Rob I've been good mate don't think it would have been me didn't get lucky enough that day to go fishing he he he heard yous did really well good stuff mate.

And scottie5.3 definitely wasn't me I've been fortunate enough so far to make it back from ftb without running out of fuel but I think blackjew might have a story to tell... lol
Scottie5.3
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Scottie5.3 »

Lol yeah mate it was a bar crusher. Well there you go blackjew, how you been anyways mate?

blackjew
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by blackjew »

lol Yer thai i recon the guys in the Barcrusher would have had heaps of fuel , but this 1 guy wanted to drive over every stretch of the banks looking for his brother lol as he wasn't answering his radio .Mate i recon its so calm we would be able to see them but hour after hour we kept searching ,noooooooooo were missing out on fishing time .Oh well we got to see the banks from all different depths.And marked some great spots for next time lol.
Yer going great scottie53 just makes you wonder how long that barcrusher would have had to wait there waiting for help if you didn't come along .Theres no way i could just ignore a call for help ,just couldn't sleep at night thanks again. been doing well of late but just need a cam with a flash to captcher the moments .Have you been getting a good feed
Scottie5.3
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Scottie5.3 »

Yeah mate been doing alright of late, but missus is now 8 months pregnant so it's slowing me down a bit. But wouldn't mind doing a Dundee trip before the bub mate so if your keen to tag along let me know, won't make flat top in my girl though I'll run out of fuel before we get there lol

blackjew
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by blackjew »

Wow cool congrats mate that's great news ,yer mate that be great ill put it to my skipper ,of to the pinacles tomorrow night .
Cheers Rob
craig.g
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by craig.g »

Great report from a great trip, well done.

cheers Craig