Tick treatment

Introduce yourself, talk about beer, crocs, headlines, dugongs or Paris Hilton.
balou
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Tick treatment

Post by balou »

ghound wrote:buy some stuff from bunnings called confidor. Same ingredients advantage. 2ml down the back. You can also mix it is a spray bottle and spray around the yard. Used to have a dozen greyhounds and never saw a tick.
Thanks Jimmy for the tip. Haven't seen a tick for couple of weeks.

Once Bitten
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Tick treatment

Post by Once Bitten »

I know this sounds a bit rough. I used to see heaps of poorly looked after camp dogs in most of the aboriginal communities I worked in. Some of the dogs had that many ticks on them that they looked as though they had no hair and full of warts... The warts being fat, blood filled ticks. I don't think some of them would have lasted long, bar for the help from a mechanic mate of mine who showed me a trick that he had been shown in another community. - run a thin line of diesel fuel on the ridge of the dogs back. It was incredible! Within days the dogs lost all of their ticks and grew their hair back, looking healthier than ever... Not saying that it is the healthiest thing for the dog, but if it was between dying overnight from blood sucking ticks or having a dose of diesel... I reckon the diesel was more humane... Not sure if anyone else has heard of this treatment... And it works for both ticks and fleas!
... <NAUGHTY{ ... <NAUGHTY{ ... <NAUGHTY{

My missus wants to buy me a GoPro...she said I need it... It's like a black box recorder for fishos...