123cm on my last days in Australia.

A 'kill' sticker for each metre-long barra posted ... PM your postal details to Matt Flynn.
Banjo
Gold Member
Gold Member

123cm on my last days in Australia.

Post by Banjo »

Like most people, i know that catching a wild meter barra will forever out weigh an impoundment caught fish. Having done both and guided people onto literally thousands of barra over the last 3 years i can honestly say that this fish was the most brutal, hard fighting and most difficult to land fish i have come across. After the initial explosion of the fish I literally had to swim and dive for about 15 minutes of panic through the snags trying to untangle line with the fish about 30 meters away still thrashing about in the sticks, my mate following me in the boat before we got a direct line to it. If you have ever thought it might be a good trip to fish the Queensland impoundments i highly recommend it. Despite all the myths and over the top technique articles you read for impoundments, i just fished it like i would any billabong. Even with temperatures going up and down with rain every few hours, the fish were on the chew. I know i will be back there next time I'm home.
Also, feel free to subscribe to my Youtube channel and check out all the other fishing vids, most filmed in the Territory.
Cheers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-bOoE9QCl0

Dinger
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: 123cm on my last days in Australia.

Post by Dinger »

Nice fish,doesnt matter where they are caught :mrgreen:
Gussar
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Gussar »

Awesome fishe and vid mate well done.
Once Bitten
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Once Bitten »

Aaaaah, my dream barra and fishing location. Lots of history that Lake Tinaroo. Thanks for the report! :clap:
... <NAUGHTY{ ... <NAUGHTY{ ... <NAUGHTY{

My missus wants to buy me a GoPro...she said I need it... It's like a black box recorder for fishos...
Mud
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Mud »

Awesome fish Banjo. That would have been a handful. I'm not a subscriber to impoundment fish being anything less than any other fish. They are big hard fighting fish that have exactly the same DNA as any wild fish. In fact....they are wild fish. It's not like they have a little food bowl and bed down there. They grow up hunting and booting like any other barra.
Awesome catch there. Congrats.
Its not a crisis unless there is blood around.
If there is blood around......well its a police matter...