mozzie nets for boat

pickles
Gold Member
Gold Member

mozzie nets for boat

Post by pickles »

hey crew where is a good spot to pick up a mozzie net to fit a 5.4m over the canopy??

scottmac
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: mozzie nets for boat

Post by scottmac »

Plenty of threads on this mate. Do a search. I've got a 535 TABS plate boat that has a wide beam. I got mine off eBay from the states. Not sure if they are stiilll on there. Only about 50bucks, they are for those big tables with umbrellas in the middle. Search 'umbrella mosquito net' on eBay. Buy a couple for that price.
It just fits over mine snugly, just have to cover a bit near the motor with a towell, so depending how beamy your boat is, it should go close. Best thing ever, sitting up a mozzie infested creek, cooking a feed, hitting the p..s and cranking the music without getting one single bite!
MattyA
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by MattyA »

Canopy man as well mate. I think he does custom fitted jobbies

Matt
Till
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Till »

Buy a couple of thermacells. Didn't think they would work until I tried one. You can still fish at night with them
Till
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Till »

Buy a couple of thermacells. Didn't think they would work until I tried one. You can still fish at night with them
pickles
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by pickles »

cheers crew
Tropical IV
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tropical IV »

I had a guy who did custom upholstery from his back shed make a full boat mozzie dome for my 5 mtr boat. It is held under tye gunwales arounf the whole boat by bunjy cord and It has a full double zip at the front from under the bow roller for the anchor rope which zips all the way to the Bimini cover. This allows me to either throw the anchor at night or tie off a tree branch above and still zip it up fully. Can also open it and stand on the casting deck zipping it sround our legs for a flick when they are boffing at night. At the rear on the port side there is another zip for those late night p..s fats to be emptied.
Cost me 800 bucks but it's worth 1000s in mozzie and bug free nights.
Bellfish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Bellfish »

seat city also does custom jobs mate