Daly River

And jacks, salmon, jewfish - tell us how you went. NT, FNQ and Norwest.
Barramunday2Sunday
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Daly River

Post by Barramunday2Sunday »

So..... been watching the river height for the last month and in this week she has plummeted like HIH in the stock market.... been there twice in the last week, for very little.... way to much water, I belive the gauging station instruments need to be re calibrated. Any ways I'm gonna roll those dice again and hopefully get on to the big ones.... looks promising this week end with the rolling in of the big tides.... I have all so herd a little whisper that the boat ramp wont be open for a while? Dose any body know... who is going down to have a crack? Shady at the moment is Like Saturday morning line up at the sausage sizzle at Bunnings. So will be giving that place a miss

jonr
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Daly River

Post by jonr »

It adds about 17km to launch from crossing - banyan farm is not opening to 1 April
wally gator
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by wally gator »

THE launch site at the bridge is very very dangerous at the moment , the mud is like grease, spoke to a fella that nearly lost his 200 series cruser the whole lot boat trailer and car into the drink, couldn't stop it sliding !! the only thing that stopped him going all the way in was a mud bank the ass of the car hit, be very carefull.......
Once Bitten
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Once Bitten »

Fellas, if in doubt ask a local. Ring the cop shop during working hours and get some advice. I'm sure they'd rather give fair advice than be called out for an untimely rescue. Cops are stationed at the Daly side of the main Bridge river crossing. Chances are the coppers are fishos themselves and are in the know. Tight lines!
... <NAUGHTY{ ... <NAUGHTY{ ... <NAUGHTY{

My missus wants to buy me a GoPro...she said I need it... It's like a black box recorder for fishos...
jonr
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jonr »

I was planning on using that crossing ramp this week;( might need to make a phone call
shaynes_god
Seadog
Seadog

Post by shaynes_god »

Crossing ramp was ok we launched on Friday and got back today. The river is dropping fast and you have to launch off the sand bar now so I expect it will get very boggy soon with everyone using it.
truck465
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by truck465 »

Easy launch and recovery today but it is dropping very fast. Fishing was slow.
Basstad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Basstad »

Launched yesterday and getting the boat out is a bit of a mission if you have a deeper hull.........Fished Clear and nearly every other creek for 2 days for 1 fish of 50cm.......Got caught in the storm from hell with lightning everywhere I suspect it was the same storm that they guy got hit in Friday.......Most of the run offs are pumping out too fast making them turn into mud and saw literally no bait......Clear looked ok for while as the tide backed it up early yesterday morning but quickly ran out and turned to mud..........Not worth the effort IMO and I have fished the river for over 20 years........Sure there will be little purple patches but on the whole it's gone a bit pear shaped this year down there already.