I made page 3 of nt news

Your home if you fish from anything that isn't floating.
ghound
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: I made page 3 of nt news

Post by ghound »

that big fella that hangs around at the ramp at the south is a cheeky bastard

nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

Scottie5.3 wrote:Nomad, water was shallow as and I was trying to hit the deeper water in front of a tree. I could see a long way in front of me due to clarity and it being so shallow. Mate I honestly didn't think it was dangerous at all, seen guys do a lot worse
I see what you are saying. i used to race motorbikes and thought nothing of the danger by going as fast as i could wherever .
But my artificial knee, broken arms, wrist and numerous ribs remind me every day that it was risky. great fun but risky.

I suppose the difference between fishing on the barrage at shady and retrieving your boat there is a matter of time in the water. the longer you are exposed to a croc, the more chance you have of having a 'meeting' with it
vrocs can move faster than me and most others i know
you dont get many 2nd chances with flatdogs.

PS - i like the fishing shirt, ive got one just like that 8)
Scottie5.3
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Scottie5.3 »

Hombre, I've never heard of a guy getting taken while fishing at Cahills, last I heard was the guy in 1987 (I think) who tried to swim across?
Nomad they are good shirts, you competing this year?
Scott's mobile mechanics- 0421 965 093

Life is hard, but it's harder if your stupid - John Wayne
ghound
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by ghound »

Dead set you blokes I wonder if some of you ever get out of bed.
FWIW I am sure I Was in a lot more danger this morning driving into bagot road with it pissing down with rain then Scottie was fishing of Magela . Sure as hell if you treat a crocodile's home as a lap pool your going to get eaten but there are risks and there are risks.
bl..dy drama queens.
seano
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by seano »

ghound wrote:Dead set you blokes I wonder if some of you ever get out of bed.
FWIW I am sure I Was in a lot more danger this morning driving into bagot road with it pissing down with rain then Scottie was fishing of Magela . Sure as hell if you treat a crocodile's home as a lap pool your going to get eaten but there are risks and there are risks.
bl..dy drama queens.
Agreed.
Dazza89
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Dazza89 »

I'm gonna take some hardcore risks tonight backyard is flooding in leanyer think I'm gonna go all out and walk in it. Wish me luck guys I hope it's not to stupid. Nah fu.k it I'm gonna sit on the couch to scary
shaggs
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by shaggs »

bl..dy drama queens.
You probably have more to worry about from an escapee from the croc farm than he has of a croc out there LOL
The past is history,the future is mystery,the moment is a gift and that's why it's called the present
DOUG
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by DOUG »

bl..dy drama queens.
Are you saying I should take a few more risks when out fishing ?? :) :)
I've only just taken my lamb skin set covers of the boat seats for the wet I thought that was risky enough :)
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

Scottie5.3 wrote: Nomad they are good shirts, you competing this year?
yep im in

Yeah i know we all take risks every day. In my former life, i used to see the results of risk taking every day.
The first things the survivors would say is 'weve been doing things like that for years without any problems. we knew it was dangerous but

too many dead bodies flashing before my eyes. Just hate attending funerals.

eg re the young fella who drowned last week. I hunted them away from the drains TWICE over 2 days. Didnt get to do it a 3rd time.
we had a memorial service for him yesterday.
he didnt see any danger in the risks he took either.

thats life
youre right, there is more risk culvert fishing from the roadway than most other things
ghound
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by ghound »

shaggs wrote:
bl..dy drama queens.
You probably have more to worry about from an escapee from the croc farm than he has of a croc out there LOL
It's funny you that shaggs I did have an escape from the croc farm in my yard once
Mud
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Mud »

seano wrote:
bl..dy drama queens.
Agreed.
Agreed
Its not a crisis unless there is blood around.
If there is blood around......well its a police matter...
NathanL
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by NathanL »

nomad wrote:
Scottie5.3 wrote: Nomad they are good shirts, you competing this year?
yep im in
8) Same, shame we can't talk about it on here...

Anyway I was out flicking the culverts today, didn't see anyone take any photos thankfully! :jester:

ps. sh!ttons of water around the place! Good to see :titanic:
smed
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by smed »

If ever you run into Team Doorsoff/Moz, ask them about the time they launched at Shady at midnight (about two years ago). Long story short.....they were flashing the spotlight around, only to be abused by a bloke waist deep in the water (flicking) for getting the light in his eyes.
scottmac
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by scottmac »

Mud wrote:
seano wrote:
bl..dy drama queens.
Agreed.
Agreed
Agreed 100% :applause:
Wombles
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Wombles »

Look at the 2 pictures and look at the water level! I said that to my police mate.....NT NEWS ARE A JOKE!!!!!
Life is like a box of lures...you never know which one to pick!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FuZTJol4K0