I made page 3 of nt news

Your home if you fish from anything that isn't floating.
Scottie5.3
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

I made page 3 of nt news

Post by Scottie5.3 »

Hey guys
some of you know me but most don't as I haven't been on here to long, but I just want to clear up a few things that nt news Facebook page got wrong (no I don't have Facebook). For starters yes it was me standing in magela, something I do every year, but that pic was taken before the kid was taken not after as they say on their page, water was clear and I had 10m of visibility of the bottom of river. I don't really care what people say but I'm bit hurt by them saying I looked 40 lol, I'm bl..dy 30. Anyways if people want to bag me they can but it won't stop me fishing, shady is much more dangerous and yes I fish there too, when I can't be bothered dragging the boat out.
Happy fishing guys
Scott

Scott's mobile mechanics- 0421 965 093

Life is hard, but it's harder if your stupid - John Wayne
Scottie5.3
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: I made page 3 of nt news

Post by Scottie5.3 »

Also can someone tell them I'm not a frigging tourist, I'm a local. Half of the limp wristed pillow biters commenting wouldn't know what the dangers are, just what they see on tv

Dundee Hombre
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Dundee Hombre »

You should know better then
Scottie5.3
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Scottie5.3 »

What you on about hombre? Should know better then...

seano
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by seano »

Typical- tourists who don't know poop telling you (a local) that it's dangerous and your stupid. I won't do certain stuff in front of tourist for the fear of them taking a pic and the NT news getting a hold of it
Scottie5.3
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Scottie5.3 »

Always the way seano, I was wondering why she was taking pics, meanwhile her husband was standing next to me but a bit more out of the water, go figure

Mud
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Mud »

Scottie.....anyone here who has ever been to that spot knows there was nothing wrong with where you were. It's shallow, clear water, good bottom visibility for a long way out. The issue you have is threefold. Firstly, the lad was taken there focussing attention on you. Secondly, the NT News has no morals whatsoever and is incapable of recognising the damage their campaigns to sell papers do to innocent people and lastly......the idiots writing in to forums are characterised by both their lack of knowledge of the crossing and their idiocy.
Most of us have fished that spot and we did because in daylight it is reasonably safe. We all make choices and yours was no different than anyone who steps in the water to retrieve a boat.
There's a big difference between respect for crocs and hysteria
Cheers
Its not a crisis unless there is blood around.
If there is blood around......well its a police matter...
Mud
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Mud »

Btw the NT News knows damn well you were there before the lad was taken. They said so in the article. But they needed to make you appear less sensible to stir up the self righteous sheep.....so in their online blogs they say it was within days of a boy bring taken so that people would assume you knew about the attack and still went there.
That to me is gutter press.
Dundee Hombre
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Dundee Hombre »

NT news Scotty5.3 and people taking photos for them
Meerkat
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Meerkat »

NT News are a bunch of tossers with the beat up story's I have Fished that spot and stood right where you were many times.

The water is very Clear and you can see far enough to be safe.
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Typical tourists who don't know poop
It's locals that are being taken, which perhaps says something.

I don't recall many attacks on tourists, perhaps the last one in the NT was that poor girl who was taken for a swim in a Kakadu billabong by a "guide".

You would think that with all the NT News crocodile front pages that locals would understand the danger by now.

You never know, the latest "beat up" story might save a life, someone might take that little extra care ... or they'll just call it a beat up and go have a quick swim ...
Lats
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Lats »

Worst page 3 girl I have ever seen. And there have been some shockers :D
Mud
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Mud »

I don't agree Matt. That view is too simplistic.
These stories often focus on fishermen who are wading in shallow water. I don't know of a single person taken who was doing this. They were universally IN the water. Either swimming for fun, swimming to cross a river, diving for recreation or in the water collecting food.
Its one thing to stop people from doing something that is clearly dangerous......swimming.....and another to publicly humiliate someone who is doing something that to my knowledge has not led to a loss of life and occurs at any boatramp on any waterway in the NT every day of the year.
Go back over the last 20 or so croc attacks and tell me whether we should be asking questions of people who swim for whatever reason in high risk water....or fishermen wading in clear shallow water.
There was a world of difference between what Scottie was doing and being waist deep in dirty water.
Yes you have a point that people need to be aware but don't take someone who is doing something that does not lead to known deaths and make him the fall guy to push your message.
Scottie was more at risk driving the 300k to get to the megalla ck than wading there.
Have you seen the NT News online article? Theres nothing there about education. Its all just personal abuse. The vitriol levelled at this lad is cr.p. Pedophiles and murderers get less.
Yes its a beat up. Take a photo of someone swimming and I'll be the first to say you're an idiot. But not if they are a child....because they are too young to understand fully the consequences, not if they are a tourist who is under the care of a tour operator, not if they are working and were paid to take the risk........and hey.....in reality not many people are taken on the basis of stupidity.
I'll back Scottie up because seriously he did nothing to deserve this kind of small minded witch-hunt.
Ben Jam
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Ben Jam »

Integrity and "news corps" can not be used in the same sentence. Formally know as "news limited" headed by Murdock enough said!!!
----------------------------
-----------------------------
Scottie5.3
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Scottie5.3 »

Cheers mud appreciate that
Also Matt I knew the risks involved and always aware of crocs, I know there's always a possibility of something going wrong but more people die doing many other recreational sports then fishing, plus no one too my knowledge (in last 10-15years) has been killed whilst fishing. Please let me know if I'm wrong but honestly mate when you retrieve the boat at shady or other major rivers, you ever jumped in too knee deep water?