Long lost 3/11/13

Jewies, big reds, macks & more - tell us how you went. NT, FNQ and Norwest.
Gibbsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Long lost 3/11/13

Post by Gibbsy »

Went out to upto bowra sunday morning with a couple mates only for a couple of small trickies, decided to pop by long lost for incoming as we neared long lost lots of baitfish being harrassed by macks and spotted a few sails getting airborne. Anchored up on a nice lump which paid off with plenty of trickies around 4-5kg mark, one red emperor a few stripies and a couple of coral trout. Floated a sauri out back to get busted off from what looked like a billie never heard of billies taking mack baits under a balloon, managed to make an 80lb trace look like cotton wasnt cut but snapped. Lost some of substanial weight on the torium barely made any line with 24kg rod and 50lb still dont know what it was as it fought like a tawny nurse but not running as hard, ended up spitting hook not signs of teeth...any ideas?? Wind started to pick up a lil around 2pm so decided to bimble back to lodge with a pretty comfy ride. All in all a good day, mackies didnt seem interested in slices, diving minnows , sauri or knife jigs. Will try and get photos off my mate :)

rosco84
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Long lost 3/11/13

Post by rosco84 »

We had a pretty good day Saturday got some nice Reefies, then had some fun with tuna then they moved away and schools of macks were cruising around underneath us, nothing to massive but plenty of fun and made for some good footage
Shark Hunter
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Shark Hunter »

Sounds like a good day.
Do you have any pics of the trickies mate.... They'd be the biggest trickie's I have ever heard of?
Dundee Hombre
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Dundee Hombre »

No evidence, it didnt happen :rofl:
AM
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by AM »

Shark Hunter wrote:Sounds like a good day.
Do you have any pics of the trickies mate.... They'd be the biggest trickie's I have ever heard of?
I'm hearing you shark hunter I would say 650-750 at least those big boys look big but until you weigh em it's tough. :wink: I'm no expert on it though ask anybody , only got em up so say 550mm.glad you had fun that is the main thing
Gibbsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Gibbsy »

Working on the pics gotta to catch up with my mate, he has been abit hard to get in contact with since the birth of his kid, going on rough weight here too, no scales just fish measure as you said its hard to tell biggest tricky went around 750mm mark
blackjew
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by blackjew »

Dam thats a big tricky .good going Gibbsy i know a boat that did heaps of ksssssssss like in the hundreds for only 1 small jew
AM
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by AM »

Gibbsy wrote:Working on the pics gotta to catch up with my mate, he has been abit hard to get in contact with since the birth of his kid, going on rough weight here too, no scales just fish measure as you said its hard to tell biggest tricky went around 750mm mark
Mate they are brilliant trickys , well done.
Gibbsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Gibbsy »

Black jew even though we did well on trickies i think i would of traded it for a jew haha havent caught a jew in two years one of my favourite fish will the guy i got the trickys got a horse of a jew last year will try post that pic up
Gibbsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Gibbsy »

Heres the jew my mate pulled out of charles point last dry
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gibbsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Gibbsy »

Guy holding it weighs just over 100kg annd about 6ft tall didnt get a weight or length but i was impressed
Gibbsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Gibbsy »

Might be taking my mate out pig hunting this weekend so will try for pics of trickys
badcompany
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by badcompany »

Sounds like a great trip, well done mate. Nice jewie they are always awesome to fight.