second post

Your home if you fish from anything that isn't floating.
mickd
Silver Member
Silver Member

second post

Post by mickd »

Bored at work so I'll tell you guys another story - about my PB barra at 98.5cm.
It was back in 1999 and an aboriginal mate had taken me out Nourlangie way to a billabong on his land.
We landed well over 60 fish that day up to 75cm.
Every so often a big boof could be heard from just out of casting range around some lillies.
I searched my takle box for something heavy....a 8cm chrome slice my grandad had made and given to me as a young lad - never caught a fish on it before - but i had nothing else that may make the distance to the lillies.
I hurled it out and it was about to land smack bang in the middle of the lillies when I heard it hit something hard...It was a big barra and he had caught it in mid air???? I sank the hooks and immediately the line went slack. "Oi bro - I've lost it!" was my painful cry.
I started retrieving my lure when I noticed there was no weight of the lure on the line.
Frustrated at having lost ,my keepsake, I fruriously started retrieving what line I had left when, at my feet (we were @ 30cm above water level on the bank wityh @1m of water at our feet) the barra jumped. As it did my line came tight and i pulled him from the air onto the bank!!! he had been swimming straight at me!!
So I'd only felt the weight of this fish for about .5 seconds of the whole fight!!
Obviously still very green. the fish began to flip violently around our feet, knocking over my tackle box and tail flicking embers from our camp fire everywhere.
Now is when the fight truly started.\
Three spot fires quickly took hold, with ol mate jumping into action, removing one thong and whacking out the flames .....then all three trebles of my gold bomber stuck in his bare foot!!!!
With some effort, I managed to convince my mate to release the fish, after all, she'd fought for and earned her right to freedom.
A quick trip to the docs, out with the big rusty toolbox (found in all top end clinics near water I thinkl!) and we were soon at the pub telling our story to some serious sceptics but the bandaged foot was our proof that it all happened....ALL HAPPENED ALRIGHT!!!!
Cheers again!!

bigphil16
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: second post

Post by bigphil16 »

Even better than the first post mate
Plate Size
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Plate Size »

:rofl: I cant wait for the third post. :lol:
Last edited by Plate Size on Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is a strange feeling about land-based fishing that lures me back time after time.....by Jarrod Day @ fishingmonthly.com.au
craig.g
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by craig.g »

Still laughing out loud

Cheers Craig
theodosius
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by theodosius »

Haha, great yarn!
Plate Size
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Plate Size »

now I know what you mean about changing trebles of rogue poppers :D . even gars can spit them out :lol:
There is a strange feeling about land-based fishing that lures me back time after time.....by Jarrod Day @ fishingmonthly.com.au