Fun at the Blue Holes again

smarty

Re: Fun at the Blue Holes again

Post by smarty »

As always cuz a great report and great pics....Well done too you both...

Thanks cuz, had a ball, might head out again this weekend and get a couple big jacks :-)

Mac

Post by Mac »

I've checked my phone half a dozen times now and still couldn't find my invite for the trip, are you sure you sent it !

What day are you heading there this weekend I might drag the family out there on Sunday.
Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Mac wrote:I've checked my phone half a dozen times now and still couldn't find my invite for the trip, are you sure you sent it !

What day are you heading there this weekend I might drag the family out there on Sunday.
Mac, if I sent invites to everyone that wanted to go, there'd be no room for me :-)

I will probably head out sunday too, depending on the home front, have to be careful there on tides with a 0.7 low, easy to get caught in the wrong spot with 6.5 metres of movement, water flows through there pretty quick!!

might have to settle for a harbour flick yet though, will decide Sat night after the footy probly, depends what the headache is going to be like :D Go Freo!

I'm very tempted to head over and explore the Vernons this weekend. I barely know the area though and how to fish it. Is it worth a shot on this weekends tides?
NathanL

Post by NathanL »

yeah well they're neaps. go for it. just need to think about your launching location with the early low in the afternoon.

Cheers Nathan. Quite conscious that the tide times will make the launch and retrieve a little difficult, particularly since I am think of a Buff creek or Nightcliff launch. I like to fish the morning sunrise so it's got me thinking I will have to launch by 3am to get out of Buff creek. Run over in the dark and find some pre dawn action off the bottom in a channel perhaps?

Hi dannet, what size boat have you got?

The low sat morn is 3.8 and Sunday morn 3.9, should be able to 'JUST' get out of Buffalo on those tides, problem will be in the arvo coming back, will have to be back at least 2 hours before the low of 3.1 I reckon.

Should have no probs if you go from Nightcliff though

I might be out there on Sunday again, not 100% sure yet, if you see us in KAOS, say hello :-)

Cheers 86

86 I am leaning towards Sunday. My boat is 5.2m and she will float in a puddle but requires at about 400 mm to use the outboard.
IMG_2244.JPG
I am no stranger to pushing her over sandbars in shoal bay. I would probably aim to be back at the ramp no later than 4 pm which should be around and 3.8 m. I would expect the ramp to still be deep enough but I may have to walk the boat through the mouth. Nightcliff is the other option.

As for the weather at the moment it appears that it will be all pretty good that way for most of the weekend. Under power a swell isn't much of a problem in my boat but I don't like being on anchor if its sloppy. I expect there are lots of options to get out of the wind if it does blow up though?

Hope to see you out there and learn a thing or two about the area.

Dan.
Wrighty

Post by Wrighty »

Good report 86..
Speaking of good reports, just read your write up in the fishing & outdoors mag on the plane flight back to work...
Its a cracker mate, well done! Some awesome pics and bl..dy nice jacks. Sounds like you know the area well.