DTBC Fishing Comp

Public and private club events - results and battle stories. And any other club news ...
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

DTBC Fishing Comp

Post by Matt Flynn »

The Darwin Trailer Boat Club Bluewater Classic will be held on October 21 and 22.
The tournament is both a catch and release and weigh-in event and bait or lures can be used.
Only two fish of each eligible species can be weighed in.
The eligible species are queenfish, blue salmon, threadfin salmon, mangrove jack, coral trout, spanish mackerel, trevally, dolphin fish, cobia, golden snapper, estuary cod, black jewfish, parrot/tusk fish and red emperor.
All fish weighed must exceed 1kg.
Sailfish and marlin will be the measured and the weight calculated with three points awarded per kilo.
Each team may have up to three members. No purely junior teams will be allowed.
There are no restrictions on the number of teams per boat.
A briefing will be held at the club on Thursday, October 19, 2006, at 6pm before the start of the annual Fishing Tackle Auction.
The briefing will outline weather and anticipated sea conditions, fishing areas and fishing grounds.
The weigh-in will be between 3pm 10pm at the DTBC on Sunday, October 22.
There will be multiple prize categories.
Fees are $50 per adult, $10 per junior and $100 per family.
Entry forms are available from DTBC, or online at http://www.dtbc.com.au
Registration at the DTBC can also be made at the briefing and fishing tackle auction on Thursday, October 19.
Organisers say all fisheries regulations must be obeyed and bag limits strictly adhered to.
All boats may be inspected prior to entering the competition.
Any boat not complying with all Northern Territory boating regulations shall not be permitted to take part in the competition.
Notification of planned fishing area on each day is mandatory.
For more information call 08 8981 6749.

8-)

Lobster
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Lobster »

Matt,

is this comp open to all or just members of the TBC?

Anyone here planning on fishing it?
Fishhead
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Fishhead »

it's open to everybody Lobster. i may be fishing it cos my young fella did pretty well last year,and wants to go in it again, but i'm supposed to be heading for Melville that weekend for 10 days so i reckon that might win out :grin:
Lobster
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Lobster »

mmmm,

two days in Darwin harbour or 10 Days a Melville.... :roll:

hard decision that one ... might see you atg the comp then 8-)

Lobster
:lobster:
Fishhead
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Fishhead »

it's more like 10 days melville, or 2 days comp then 8 days melville. of course this means my scurvy mates will have a 2 day headstart on the barra, which i may never hear the end of.... think i'll just go to melville... decisions decisions...
good luck with the comp! :catch:
Topend
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Topend »

Are the results going to be posted here? The Trailer Boat Club don't have them on their own website either.

We got Champion Boat over 6m, 2nd Champion Angler and 2nd Champion Team. The other boat we fished with got Champion Angler and Most Species Caught.

It would be good to see the other results.

Topend
Cheers,
Topend.
Topend
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Topend »

There were 35 boats entered with about 85 anglers competing.
Cheers,
Topend.
dodgyone
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

dtbc

Post by dodgyone »

So its not just a pretty Haines with a radar on top. Catches fish too? :catch:
Don't wanna be a flat water hero.

Real men go fast when it's rough.
back-cast
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by back-cast »

.............where about's on Melville are you heading,"Fishhead" i might be able to give you a heads up on some spot's.........

:fishing: :fishing: :fishing: :fishing: :fishing: :fishing: :fishing: :fishing:

:fishy: :fishy: :fishy: :fishy: :fishy: :fishy: :fishy: :fishy:

:cheers: ............. :cheers:
....................................................................................................................................
....................................................................................................................................
Topend
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Topend »

Well it may be a pretty boat but there are never any gaurantees when it comes to fishing.

The sailfish comp in Broome was once won by a team in a 5.5m centre console tinnie. Good to see they were able to mix with the big game fishing boats and beat them.
Cheers,
Topend.
dodgyone
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

sails

Post by dodgyone »

Topend wrote:Well it may be a pretty boat but there are never any gaurantees when it comes to fishing.

The sailfish comp in Broome was once won by a team in a 5.5m centre console tinnie. Good to see they were able to mix with the big game fishing boats and beat them.
Yes, but they were also locals that fished for sails regularly. Wasnt anything new for them.

Looking forward to seeing you out and about with us Dave. :cheers:
Don't wanna be a flat water hero.

Real men go fast when it's rough.
Fishhead
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Fishhead »

Thanks for the offer Back-cast, :mrgreen: went over late October. had a quick troll at the jessie rockbar, then 5 days at the johnstone, heaps of fish, mostly out of the gutters and drains, but nothing over 88cm. the usual deeper trolling spots and headlands didn't fire for us this year :cry:
will be doing the annual trip again in oct/nov this year, and will definately hit you up for some info :clap:
cheers.
back-cast
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by back-cast »

...........no problem "fish" those places you mentiond there my old stomping grounds, i dont like the johnstone as much as the jessie but i should be able to put you onto some bigger fish than that......... :mrgreen:

:fishing: :fishing: :fishing: :fishing: :fishing: :fishing: :fishing: :fishing:

:fishy: :fishy: :fishy: :fishy: :fishy: :fishy: :fishy: :fishy:
...............................................................................................................................
...............................................................................................................................