Election is Sept 7 - who will win - Libs or Labor?

Put your poll about non-fishing topics here.

Election is Sept 7 - who will win - Libs or Labor?

Liberal
76%
Labor
24%

Total votes: 62

Plate Size
Seadog
Seadog

Re: Election is Sept 7 - who will win - Libs or Labor?

Post by Plate Size »

barratrooper1 wrote:Who. Cares about nbn, how do you feel about marine parks........labor are good at dictating how to live, what you can and can't say, where you can't fish,walk hunt etc....see for about 8 years labor, then we'll probably have you back again.
show us the the hard copy. :)
no one dictates. no party dictates Australians. the dictators trick Australians. we are still a respectable world economy at present under labour. see if that abbot can hold it. who cares about NBN? ask the kids, mate.
our internet speed is way down compared to even Lithuania :))
we still google via copper wires. work that out.
and I haven't been gagged by labour within these labours years what to say, where to walk and what to do, where to fish. lol. this election is not about what we cant do under such and such, its about world economy. mind you, abbot is nowhere a grain compaired to ol johnny howard.
http://pickeringpost.com/story/abbott-b ... mments/406

There is a strange feeling about land-based fishing that lures me back time after time.....by Jarrod Day @ fishingmonthly.com.au
scottmac
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by scottmac »

ghound wrote:
If he also promised to rid us of all the OH&S $hite (eg 'traffic management', fluoro vests, etc) ,he'd definitely have me !!

Amen to that
Wait until you get out to Baydin Point if you want to see the world gone mad! :bonk: they've created a culture of dobbers out to get everyone for the tiniest things, disguised as safety. Better watch what I say, there's probably a couple of them monitoring this! :fubird:

As far as the election goes, dark days to come for the average Aussie worker, dark days indeed. :|
Work choices anyone? :fubird:
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

slug wrote:I'm liking big Clive - abolish FBT (now that's gotta be a good idea). If he also promised to rid us of all the OH&S $hite (eg 'traffic management', fluoro vests, etc) ,he'd definitely have me !!
I think you'll find that OHS etc laws are state/territory based. nothing to do with Federal govt.

I know that safety is a pain in the arse and has gone overboard but the death toll has dropped from almost 1 per day in the late 80's down to 100 odd in 2007. Tell the people left behind that safety doesn't matter
scottmac
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by scottmac »

nomad wrote:
slug wrote:I'm liking big Clive - abolish FBT (now that's gotta be a good idea). If he also promised to rid us of all the OH&S $hite (eg 'traffic management', fluoro vests, etc) ,he'd definitely have me !!
I think you'll find that OHS etc laws are state/territory based. nothing to do with Federal govt.

I know that safety is a pain in the arse and has gone overboard but the death toll has dropped from almost 1 per day in the late 80's down to 100 odd in 2007. Tell the people left behind that safety doesn't matter
Yep, being reminded to tuck my shirt in three times a day and hand digging 1.5 metres to a live service ( read: empty conduit) in the buildup sure makes me feel safer! :roll: Oh, and benching the 1100mm trench by 100mm 1.5m wide of the trench sure saved me from a massive cave in last week!

I have nothing against working safely and saving lives at all, but common sense and bit of leeway have disappeared for ever unfortunately.
DOUG
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by DOUG »

Safety makes stupid people smarter and gets them into jobs they normally wouldn't be able to
Generally if you an unco accident prone person you don't use tools :) :) nowadays anyone thinks they can pick up a tool cos they done a course or read the manual and done a JSA on the work to be done !!
ghound
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by ghound »

nomad all the lives are saved because it's hard to do any work when you are doing a safety induction or filling out a JSA.
My company is American based and intresting over there but the OHS cr.p has been wound right back. They have a new method they are trying to implement.... Its called common sense!
Plate Size
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Plate Size »

yes safety protocols seem like over the top lately, waste of time, waste of productivities which makes commonsense the real deal. but look at the workplaces, apprentices and even old timers in the trade, operating tools with one hand , half their brains in iphones. OHS maybe over the top sometimes but at this time, the workforce`s decipline needs it.
what we need are hard trained apprentices, not moaning, softies that lives according to facebooks. we got apprentice that can`t come to work.he sprained his arm lifting his groceries. figure that.

edit: he came to work 3 days after in limbo brain with fresh 800 bucks tattoos in his arm.
There is a strange feeling about land-based fishing that lures me back time after time.....by Jarrod Day @ fishingmonthly.com.au
scottmac
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by scottmac »

ghound wrote:nomad all the lives are saved because it's hard to do any work when you are doing a safety induction or filling out a JSA.
My company is American based and intresting over there but the OHS cr.p has been wound right back. They have a new method they are trying to implement.... Its called common sense!
We can only hope....
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

You’re right about common sense but it isn’t that common
You wouldn’t believe some of the ‘accidents’ that I've had to investigate – things where you just shake your head and say “you dumb-arse’ to yourself.
Then the amount of times I've had to investigate a fatality where simple precautions would have prevented the whole thing. I remember doing 3 fatalities in 3 days. I knew all 3 blokes and their families
There is a fine line between safety and common sense. I've seen workers forced into doing things that were just crazy because they were too scared of losing their job if they said no to the boss.
Why should you have to put up barriers to stop people walking into it? We used to say “if there is a hole there, don’t walk into it!”
Why should we have to compensate for the lowest common denominator?
But benching a trench does save on collapse. I've done a few investigations where people have worked down a 5m deep trench with no supports and they wonder why the thing collapses!
I was watching an old 500cc GP motorbike race the other day. There were Armco crash rails right next to the track, star pickets everywhere holding signs etc. etc.
Now there are run off areas everywhere, soft fences on corner exits etc. etc.
Last week Cal Crutchlow crashed at over 250km/h and slid along the deck, got up and went and got another bike.
Years ago he would have been dead.

I think that the over the top OHS stuff these days will eventually find its own level
slug
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by slug »

Heard on lunchtime radio news Tollner being asked when Darwin prices would fall as a result of the 'dumping' of the Carbon Tax and PAWA rate reductions.

"No reductions in PAWA electricity rates" Big Dave guffaws, because we're unsure what the 'carbon tax' component is, and is likely to be miniscule anyway.

"But Natasha was campaigning for 2 months on lower prices for Territorians as a result of dumping of carbon tax" Big Dave is told by interviewer.

'Oh, people must have misunderstood - what she was really saying is that electricity prices won't go up'.

Good Grief :banghead: it's started already.

Well at least I've had my suspicion confirmed - there is no carbon tax, never was ........ :idea:
AM
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by AM »

Griggs just weighed back in and indicated the matter would be referred to the ACCC without delay if they don't fall. Don't get me wrong I don't trust any of them just what was said on ABC radio.
barratrooper1
Seadog
Seadog

Post by barratrooper1 »

Plate Size wrote:
barratrooper1 wrote:Who. Cares about nbn, how do you feel about marine parks........labor are good at dictating how to live, what you can and can't say, where you can't fish,walk hunt etc....see for about 8 years labor, then we'll probably have you back again.
show us the the hard copy. :)
no one dictates. no party dictates Australians. the dictators trick Australians. we are still a respectable world economy at present under labour. see if that abbot can hold it. who cares about NBN? ask the kids, mate.
our internet speed is way down compared to even Lithuania :))
we still google via copper wires. work that out.
and I haven't been gagged by labour within these labours years what to say, where to walk and what to do, where to fish. lol. this election is not about what we cant do under such and such, its about world economy. mind you, abbot is nowhere a grain compaired to ol johnny howard.
http://pickeringpost.com/story/abbott-b ... mments/406
Must have missed this plate size!
Ask the kids about NBN, you're right! But won't get an answer from them, as they guzzle coke in front of the computer slaying each other for 16 hours a day.
Ever heard of marine parks, greens did that to the GBR, but only at the accesable areas, if you live 300 km away, the is still small patches of reef you can get to......
The end of the world is not here, you will all still have work, and be paid fairly, al was earne more money, and ease of getting work under the libs. Work choices was the best ever scare campaign to labor, well done Rudd on that.

OK, dictate was stretch mate, but the infighting,backstabbing and disunity among labor was pretty close, you didn't have a say on who was Prime minister under labor, was it Gillard, Rudd or the unions calling the shots, it was Murdoch for the libs and the union factions for labor.
ghound
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by ghound »

done and dusted now. Like the NT election it will be interesting to see how long it takes for the gloss to wear off.
slug
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by slug »

ghound wrote: .... it will be interesting to see how long it takes for the gloss to wear off.
'Gloss' - Abbott :rofl:
Plate Size
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Plate Size »

I may not like Abbot or cant truly fathom what the Libs will do, all politicians being change-aling, BUT I respect his job. election is gone. lets see what the works will be. congrats to the Libs supporters :mrgreen: the ball is in your courts.