FFF Seadogs - Round 7- Billabong Barra and Saratoga

Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

FFF Seadogs - Round 7- Billabong Barra and Saratoga

Post by Matt Flynn »

I have added saratoga to this round, because of the way the fishing has been this year.

FFF Seadogs - Round 7 - Billabong Barra and Saratoga - kicks off today

By entering a fish you agree to the comp rules below.

COMP SUMMARY

Points are awarded for an entrant's best seven of 11 month-long rounds, but you may register for a go at only one round (or more) if you wish, for a shot at round prizes.

Fish are photographed on brag mats.

Registration is free, but entrants must post a picture of their boat and its attached FFF sticker to register - post the picture here http://fishingterritory.com/seadogs-201 ... 31423.html.

If you are landbased, post a pic of a FFF sticker on your esky or tackle box. Or yer bike! If no FFF sticker is displayed, entry is $30.

FFF stickers are at Craig's Fishing Warehouse. Or buy one here ... http://www.fishfinderbooks.com

The sticker must stay on the boat or car or eskie etc for the duration of the comp.

To enter you will need a brag mat (no home-made ones allowed!), a camera and a local newspaper dated within the month-long round in which you are fishing (this comp is not officially associated with any newspapers).

Pictures of fish must be taken on the brag mat with the newspaper in view. Points are awarded per centimetre of fish.

Aside from the listed prizes (on the prizes thread), there will also be some lucky prizes, eg Best Lemon, Lucky Number.

And lastly, there will be a separate freshwater trout and salmon round for the amusement of the comp organiser - southerners are welcome to enter this round. No FFF sticker is required for the trout round.

The FFF Seadogs 2013 Online Fishing Comp

MORE DETAILED RULES

The rules here replace any previously published rules, including those printed in North Australian Fishing & Outdoors Magazine or elsewhere. The rules here have evolved after discussions among FFF users.

While this was primarily an NT comp, entries from other states are allowed. It may evolve into a State of Origin-type event for barra fishos. This follows discussion on FFF. No dam fish will be allowed however - only wild fish. No fish permitted from Queensland's Boyne or Kolan Rivers for 2013.

Suburban ornamental lakes are excepted, to encourage junior fishos.

There are 11 month-long rounds for 2013. The first round kicks off February 1. The final round ends December 20.

The comp is judged on pictures of fish on brag mats. Each centimetre of fish is awarded a point. Unlimited entries are allowed but only the biggest fish from each month will be eligible for points, from the best seven of the competitor's rounds. A local newspaper or printout from within the month of each round must be visible in all brag mat photo entries. There must also be a photo of the fish being held by the captor on location nearish to where it is caught.

From Round 3 - If the fish is caught by a deckie, the registered boat's owner (skipper) must also be in the location pic, either with or without the deckie who caught the fish.

Billfish centimetres from the billfish round will be halved to help equalise with the fish from other rounds.

All fish to be measured from lip to centre of tail (eg inside fork or outer curve). In the case of billfish it will be the lip of the lower jaw to inside tail fork. Fish may have mouths open or closed on the brag mat, the aim being to get the fish measured and photographed as fast as possible.

IMPORTANT: Each entry must include a short description about the capture (eg Darwin Harbour, or river name) and type of lure or bait etc. Photos must depict live or freshly-caught fish, no necked or obviously dead fish - the judge's decision on this will be final. As there are no stewards on the water to enforce/check that rules are followed, the organiser reserves the right to disallow any entry for any reason, and disqualify any entrant for any reason.

No newspapers or other stuff covering fish in the brag mat photos, lest someone cut their fish in half and extend it.

Fish caught while competing in other competitions are not eligible. Professional guide/charter boat crews may not enter in the comp.

Brag mats or fish measuring stickers must be well-known brands or government products - no home made measuring devices permitted.

Rounds for 2013

Round 1, Feb - The Wet, barra
Round 2, Mar - The Run-off, barra
Round 3, Apr - The Greenwater, barra
Round 4, May - Jewfish Busters
Round 5, June - Mackerel Maulers
Round 6, July - Tuna and Queenfish
Round 7, Aug - Billabong Barra & Saratoga
Round 8, Sep - Saltwater Barra
Round 9, Oct - Barra and Billfish
Round 10, Nov - Reefie Madness (eligible fish = goldies, red emperor, coral trout, trickies, cod and groper under 1.2m, jobfish, red bass, chinaman, maori sea perch)
Round 11, Dec - Powertails (c.a.t.fish)

Landbased fish will get an extra 10cm (10 points), but must be verified by a photo at the location with the fish looking alive. Landbased fish photo entries of fish taken from within 300m of boat ramps will not be eligible, except Shady Camp Barrage, NT, and Buffalo Creek rockbar, NT (other spots on application and approval). Landbased fish have to be caught from landbased spots readily accessible by road - no landbased entries taken from shore after getting there in a boat.

All landbased entries from Round 3 onward must have a pic showing the captor holding the fish.

In the event of a draw the FFF judge will decide a winner, based on the quality of the photos in the entries.

Billfish will have to be photographed as best the captors can with a brag mat or tape measure, with the newspaper in view, and the FFF judge will estimate size.

Entrants agree to be solely responsible for their own safety, knowledge of the waterways, insurance, and to ensure their boats are in good working order. Entrants agree to not hold the organiser liable for misadventure that occurs while fishing in the Seadogs competition.

By posting your first fish up (an entry) you agree to be bound by the rules.

Note: registration pictures must show enough of the boat for it to be recognisable, no closeups.

trent
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: FFF Seadogs - Round 7- Billabong Barra and Saratoga

Post by trent »

Headed to corrobboree yesterday,should have read this before i left as we caught a few toga and missed plenty throwing weedless way back in the lillies,anyway was a good morning before the wind picked up and the dirt section has just been graded if anyones heading out, didnt see or hear any barra reports.They have to start feeding soon!!!
theodosius
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by theodosius »

Plenty of toga to 67cm on frogs in four mile but the road's not very smooth!
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

FFF Seadogs - Round 7- Billabong Barra and Saratoga - Day 9
Bellfish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Bellfish »

little barra only one I got in lost alot to 49cm land based my face says it all
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
blw
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by blw »

Bellfish wrote:little barra only one I got in lost alot to 49cm land based my face says it all
whered u get him mate

Sent from my GT-S6310T using Tapatalk 2
Camfish
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Camfish »

blw wrote:
Bellfish wrote:little barra only one I got in lost alot to 49cm land based my face says it all
whered u get him mate

Sent from my GT-S6310T using Tapatalk 2

looks like durrak.
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

FFF Seadogs - Round 7- Billabong Barra and Saratoga - Day 12
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

FFF Seadogs - Round 7- Billabong Barra and Saratoga - Day 14
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

FFF Seadogs - Round 7- Billabong Barra and Saratoga - Day 19

I'm hearing that 4-Mile has finally produced some fish, might be worth a look.

Otherwise billabong reports have been fairly dismal, although toga are still a good chance.
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

FFF Seadogs - Round 7- Billabong Barra and Saratoga - Day 22
blw
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by blw »

decided to try for some points today. went to coroberee. Countless hits and hookups on weedless frogs. only landed this toga at 61cm. still had a good day.
P8240455.JPG
P8240456.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jeffish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jeffish »

Good on ya Brent ,given it a crack mate. :mrgreen:
itsinmeblood
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by itsinmeblood »

sorry blw, got you by a cm :D 62 at coroberee yesterday, got 1 tiny barra there really is bugger all barra in that bong this year
photo.JPG
fish are skinny, the ocean is fat
blw
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by blw »

Ya killin me. Your really killin me lol

Sent from my GT-S6310T using Tapatalk 4