A Few Mackies

Jewies, big reds, macks & more - tell us how you went. NT, FNQ and Norwest.
matt1311
Silver Member
Silver Member

A Few Mackies

Post by matt1311 »

Well the choice was made to make the most of the good weather last weekend with a late decision to head out to Dundee for the night and fish the Sunday. We got lucky with the 70's 80's themed party on, so we ended up having a pretty big one as did most of the lodge. Anyways waking up with some pretty sore heads we joined the queue. Launched and headed down to blaze about halfway there my transducer bracket broke, I had temporarily repaired it after my friends 40+kg wolfhound dog decided to run into it. So that was the end of finding any reef to bottom bash on, so we decided just to troll for Macks around blaze so on went the halco's with the missus choosing her lure on how it looked and what colour it was. (which ended up being a good choice) Well it wasn't long before she was onto a little mack which pulled well for its size. She was stoked it being her first mackerel. Anyways back in it went and we kept trolling and once again she was on. By this time she is an expert giving me an my mate tips hahah. It turned out to be a good mackerel which was the best for the day (98cm). So high fives were thrown around the boat and the bragging continued. By this stage my mate and I were pretty keen to put an end to the bragging so we got back into it and before long It was my turn, a nice mackerel (not as big as hers) but I was still happy to have a few fish in the esky. Well as the day went on the mackerel slowed right down, we were only seeing a few breaking the surface scattered around the place. We ended up with 3 macks to take home for dinner as we were flying blind with the bottom fishing only managing to catch a few very tiny cod an trevally. It ended up being a top weekend for not that many fish but we are already looking forward to getting back out there and getting stuck into it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

AM
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: A Few Mackies

Post by AM »

Looks like a very fun weekend... first
trip of many I would guess
Lats
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Lats »

Apart from the Broncos top it was a great post :-) top fish peoples.
Lats
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Lats »

Apart from the Broncos top it was a great post :-) top fish peoples. 8)
Lats
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Lats »

Apart from the Broncos top it was a great post :-) top fish peoples. 8)
Agent86
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Agent86 »

Good report, great to get a couple of nice macks

Had the same thing happen to me with the transducer a few years back, flying blind is fun.
Never even had a sounder when I used to fish of Perth and Two rocks a while ago, still got a few.

Great pics

As AM said first of many trips out there :-)
If there is water and it holds fish, then it is fun trying to fool them into eating what you offer!!

Especially when you can see them!
cuddlescooper
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by cuddlescooper »

Could use some braid and tied the transducer to a net or gaff handle and tied it to the back of the boat. I have done this a couple of times in the past and it gets you out of the poo.

At least you got a feed and a head ache out of it for your troubles. looks like fun. 8) 8) 8)