PIG HUNTING

Chasing pigs, buffalo, duck and geese. And deer, foxes, feral cats, rabbits ...
Yeham8

PIG HUNTING

Post by Yeham8 »

hI WANNA TAKE A MATE OUT HUNTING WE HAVE A .22 WHICH AINT GOING TO DO MUCH BIT OUR MATE WANTS TO SHOOT A PIG WITH A BOW
ANY ONE GOT ANY RECOMENDATIONS ON WHERE WE CAN GO? WHATS THE GO WITH HARRISON DAM? ANY OTHER SPOT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRICIATED DUH UM ARROUND THE TOP END SAY FROM DALY TO DARWIN LOL

blw
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: PIG HUNTING

Post by blw »

Ive shot a few on foot out marrakai rs way. Just after the biggest crossing turn off to the left. Trax going everywhere. I just parked up and followed the creek and found swamps. Biggest i got was around 90kg. Early mornings. I think its fairly flogged but get the odd one. :-) just headshoot with the 22 lol

Sent from my GT-S6310T using Tapatalk 2
COOPS
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by COOPS »

that's private property so id be careful in case you didn't know
blw
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by blw »

COOPS wrote:that's private property so id be careful in case you didn't know
are you talking about adelaide river station or out the other side, no signs no fences.

DOUG
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by DOUG »

Any land that isn't crown land is owned mate !!
Because it isn't sign posted or fenced is the reason more of the places that aren't fenced and still allow people to acces through there land is getting harder and more are being closed off to public access
Best bet is to get a crown land permit and read the rules on where you are allowed to hunt and there are a couple of hunting reserves to if you don't have private property to hunt on
shaggs
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by shaggs »

See Parks and Wildlife and get your permits
Harrisons will be open for water fowl season soon hopefully and you dont want to be shooting a long rifle out there at that stage or you might injure or worse kill someone
The past is history,the future is mystery,the moment is a gift and that's why it's called the present
Myst
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Myst »

blw wrote:Ive shot a few on foot out marrakai rs way. Just after the biggest crossing turn off to the left. Trax going everywhere. I just parked up and followed the creek and found swamps. Biggest i got was around 90kg. Early mornings. I think its fairly flogged but get the odd one. :-) just headshoot with the 22 lol

Not only is that private property, there are also a load of trail cameras out there now to catch the poachers.

To my knowledge the only spots you can hunt without the permission of the landowners is the areas designated as hunting reserves. As was rightly pointed out, just because its not fenced and not signposted, doesnt make it legal and isnt a defence in court.

I've had some good results in the crown land hunting reserve off Cox Peninsula Road, get in before dawn, head in as far as you can, walk the edges of the mangroves. I've recently dropped hogs up to 120kg with the bow. During the day they seem to head in to cover to lay up and are bl..dy hard to find.
I'm having Deja Moo... the feeling that I've been through this bullsh*t before....
troamaru
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by troamaru »

blw wrote:Ive shot a few on foot out marrakai rs way. Just after the biggest crossing turn off to the left. Trax going everywhere. I just parked up and followed the creek and found swamps. Biggest i got was around 90kg. Early mornings. I think its fairly flogged but get the odd one. :-) just headshoot with the 22 lol

As stated all privately owned property and some pretty p...ed of and over it people live down that road.