FFF Seadogs - Round 6 - Tuna and Queenfish

Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: FFF Seadogs - Round 6 - Tuna and Queenfish

Post by Matt Flynn »

Nice fish CC, I figured yours would be posted July 30 or 31 :fishing:

Thought there'd be more tuna caught this round.

Brad the Lad
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Brad the Lad »

went out for a lazy session last saturday for the arvo with the misses, her friend and a mate.

managed to snag a few fish close to home, including one nice thready by misses friend.

all i could round up was this measy 55cm queenie and a few other smaller fish.

at least its something for the round, might get out the sarvo for a tuna or two if the wind holds off.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fishing and beers,

wonder what the poor people are up to!!!
cuddlescooper
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by cuddlescooper »

Matt Flynn wrote:Nice fish CC, I figured yours would be posted July 30 or 31 :fishing:
Just wish I could get a fish early in the month instead of on the last two days so I don't have to think about it for the rest of the month. I think most of the fish I posted have come in the last three or so days of each month. making a habit of it. :roll:

And the tuna have been scarce in Darwin harbour. Have seen three schools of long tails in the last month and a bit. Unfortunately I have been at work every time I have seen them. :bonk:
ozdodge
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by ozdodge »

I really didn't want to have to post any entries not landed by me, but all I've got this month is this catch by Ziggy a fortnight ago.
Ziggy's 49cm to the fork Queenie.jpg
I must also admit it was caught the day we were fishing the harbour barra and bream comp, so that might make it ineligible, although it wasn't the target species.

The queeny measured 49cm to the fork and was caught in Middle Arm trolling a small gold bomber over a rockbar on a rising neapish tide.
Ziggy's 49cm to the fork Queenie - location shot.jpg
Ziggy's 49cm to the fork Queenie - location shot2.jpg
cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ozdodge

Don't crowd me - I'm likely to bite!
jeffish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jeffish »

Gday Matt,
Just wondering with the multi species rounds ,is it the best fish for each species or just the best fish overall ?
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Best overall :mrgreen:

I added queenfish to this round because they can be caught in close, fishing out of the wind, after previous mackie round was blown out.
cuddlescooper
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by cuddlescooper »

jeffish wrote:Gday Matt,
Just wondering with the multi species rounds ,is it the best fish for each species or just the best fish overall ?
Its best fish over all I think Jeff.

I concentrated on the fish that I thought would give me the most points. I believe queenies are easier to get larger ones in Darwin then tuna so targeted them more often.

In the Billfish round it will be a hard choice because a 2m Marlin will only equal a 1m barra. A bit unfair as a big Billie will be a lot harder to get then a meter barra. Little reward for a harder to catch species I reckon! :roll:I How ever it is possible to get a 3m marlin so I may need the 1.5m worth of points to catch Ponyplay unfortunately. :banghead:
DOUG
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by DOUG »

Yeah I thought the same thing cuddles ya got no chance of a 2m short measurement sail which equates to a 1m barra and a 2m marlin will take some catching ;)
Planning on a few trips to the trench this build up . Recon for billy comp;) so maybe able to squeeze ya on a trip just to help ya try beat pony tail :)
ponyplay
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by ponyplay »

cuddlescooper wrote:
jeffish wrote:Gday Matt,
Its best fish over all I think Jeff.

I concentrated on the fish that I thought would give me the most points. I believe queenies are easier to get larger ones in Darwin then tuna so targeted them more often.

In the Billfish round it will be a hard choice because a 2m Marlin will only equal a 1m barra. A bit unfair as a big Billie will be a lot harder to get then a meter barra. Little reward for a harder to catch species I reckon! :roll:I How ever it is possible to get a 3m marlin so I may need the 1.5m worth of points to catch Ponyplay unfortunately. :banghead:
i am oversea's for next few months , less time with the excuses and sooking and more time fishing might see you win :wink:
ponyplay
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by ponyplay »

DOUG wrote:Yeah I thought the same thing cuddles ya got no chance of a 2m short measurement sail which equates to a 1m barra and a 2m marlin will take some catching ;)
Planning on a few trips to the trench this build up . Recon for billy comp;) so maybe able to squeeze ya on a trip just to help ya try beat pony tail :)
be a interesting trip be hard to get a word in to who is darwins best fisherman and now it all , all you blokes would need is ronje at the helm . ohh the pain
DOUG
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by DOUG »

ponyplay wrote:
DOUG wrote:Yeah I thought the same thing cuddles ya got no chance of a 2m short measurement sail which equates to a 1m barra and a 2m marlin will take some catching ;)
be a interesting trip be hard to get a word in to who is darwins best fisherman and now it all , all you blokes would need is ronje at the helm . ohh the pain
:) :) have to prop ronje up in the spotting tower ;)
I thought this FFF comp was going to settle the best fisherman argument !! Why I didn't enter rather just tell everyone how good I am than have to prove it :)
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Good entry Trevor :mrgreen: