Coorrooman Creek QLD

Leaving town and willing to share an old spot? Post 'em up and make the world a better place.
harmsey
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Coorrooman Creek QLD

Post by harmsey »

hey matt im heading home for a few weeks and was gunna take some photos and gps marks of all me old fishing haunts back in QLD (corrooman creek in between emu park and keppel sands) and have ago at putting them on the map. will take photos of boat ramps etc. any other areas you want photos or marks of while i am down that way???

:cheers: harmsey

Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Coorooman

Post by Matt Flynn »

That would be very helpful - anything you can supply would be appreciated and definitely worth a lure pack. Always after reliable GPS for wrecks and reefs coz the charts are sometimes a bit out.

Reckon you can pull a barramundi out of Coorooman? I was there in 2002, it looked like a good place.
harmsey
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by harmsey »

have pulled a few biggest went 92cm (will dig up some pics when i get back) and have some top spots that the locals would kill me for revealing but luckily i now live in the NT :grin: . was shown the area a few years back by an old TI elder who is still my neighbour down this way. top fella still fish's the traditional way, you know, nets, tinnys and 2 strokes :smoking: nah but sometimes he takes me down for a spear and gaff some crabs but he' getting old now. they still knock up an old school fish trap from time to time too. the knowledge that man has of the area is unreal. lived and fished there all his life!!

blowin 20-30knots so its not looking good for a fish. would love to GPS all my old spots out wide as we never used a GPS till i moved to the NT

:cheers: Harmsey