gday from melbourne

sven

gday from melbourne

Post by sven »

gday all, am heading up to Darwin for the first time in august to watch my daughter represent the mighty big V in the Australian schoolgirls footy championships & will stay on for a bit longer & hopefully have a bit of a look around while Im up there. As I said never been there before so really looking forward to it, been to the top of WA & Queensland a few times so if its anything like that Im gunna love it. pretty keen to get out for a fish while im there, hopefully get onto something a bit more solid than the usual fish we get down here. hopefully can get a few pointers from some of you locals to make up for my lack of fishing ability .

barra mick
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: gday from melbourne

Post by barra mick »

im from vic also

best bet is to go out on charter.otherwise you may waste what little time you have up there

the blokes on here who catch fish have some serious local knowlwdge and most have boats

cheers bm
you have to have crack even if your just pissin in the wind
Mud
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Mud »

Hi Sven. Hope to catch up when you r here. Regards. Mud

Heya BM!
Its not a crisis unless there is blood around.
If there is blood around......well its a police matter...
jeffish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jeffish »

010.JPG
Gday sven,,just put the deckie question on here a week before ,you never know :fishy:

,Welcome to FFF
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
barra mick
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by barra mick »

Mud wrote:Hi Sven. Hope to catch up when you r here. Regards. Mud

Heya BM!

hey mud.........good to see yr alive !!

cheers bm
you have to have crack even if your just pissin in the wind
Anglers Choice
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Anglers Choice »

If you have a spare day - self drive to Corroboreee Billabong and jump on a party baot (approx $200 for a full day and takes approx 15 people). Speak to Ruth and Mary River House Boats This is ideal if there are a few families. It is really beautiful and you can fish from the boat and the whole family can enjoy the day. Not a "charter" but certainly a nice way to spend a day out in the Top End. Cheers - Emma
sven

Post by sven »

thanks for your replies fellers, yeah figured a charter would be the go, any of you blokes recommend one ? not really interested in going out on a charter & catching a heap of fish (what am I gunna do with them ?) but to get a couple of decent fish would be great or a good feed (got some barra & threadfin salmon last time I was in northern WA & I reckon the threadies were much better eating). Mainly just wanna have a good look around, I realise theres heaps there & my time is short so no point in running around like a blue arsed fly trying to see everything but what do you blokes reckon is worth doing ? Im gunna hire a car but it probably wont be 4WD so I guess that limits me a bit. is there much in the way of land based fishing or is too dodgy with crocs & what about off piers ? lots of questions I realise but if some of you blokes could point me in the right direction it would be most appreciated.