Anyone fished Simms Reef??

Jewies, big reds, macks & more - tell us how you went. NT, FNQ and Norwest.
Daneyboy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Anyone fished Simms Reef??

Post by Daneyboy »

Hello all,

Am keen to go to Simms Reef for a night fish but never been. Does it expose at all, is there any parts to be avoided or problematic as far as low tide is concerned? Any tips will be really appreciated.
Anyone happy to throw me a GPS point just to get me started would be awesome, PM me if you want.

Many thanks and I think this forum is fantastic!! Cheers.

Shane Doevy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Anyone fished Simms Reef??

Post by Shane Doevy »

Daneyboy
the reef exposes on bigger tides - in the NT Mag (either the last or the one before) Matt put a Dr Depth log of the reef. The reef extends a long way out to the North and there is a lot of sand. There is a deep hole on the Southern side and while I have never caught fish there I have heard of plenty who do. The reefie areas further out towards FISH REEF go well at night as well.

Good Luck - least the winds have been down at night.

Shane
Work is what i do to pay for fishing!!
darwinguy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Anyone fished Simms Reef??

Post by darwinguy »

As said above the barra bible covers it pretty well. I have fished it a few times for mixed results. Sharks can be a pain in the rear sometimes and other time not one. Don't burley. Had some good overnighters there and others not so good. Depends on all the things going right eg wind, barometer, moon etc etc. Just have a go.
Good luck.