Black fish

max
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Black fish

Post by max »

This time of the year these little fellas move in to the Clarence River & sitting out on the breakwall watching the float dive under is one of my favourits forms of fishing it cant get much more relaxing :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ponyplay
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Black fish

Post by ponyplay »

max wrote:This time of the year these little fellas move in to the Clarence River & sitting out on the breakwall watching the float dive under is one of my favourits forms of fishing it cant get much more relaxing :mrgreen:
nice work flathead on pavers one week black fish next. Sounds relaxing the fishing , do you miss the top end fishing . Often think about maybe moving south one day and if id have fishing depresion
MattyA
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by MattyA »

Nice work mate. Used to get stuck into them at Lake Macquarie and down off the stones around Norah Head. Great fun fish to catch.

Cheers

Matt
max
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by max »

Na dont miss it a bit mate, its a mission to go for a fish up theres most times.The fishing here is so close I can ride my pushy to most or can have the boat in the water 10 minutes from home & we have excellent facilities here just like you mob up there will have when you start paying for licences :D . I havnt touched much offshore yet but the rivers pretty good ,they are getting jewies & jacks at night now in the river but im far too slack to fish nights.
blw
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by blw »

Great fun to catch. I miss my bream and luderick fishing. Used to catch the blacks on worms nippers or cungivoi. And if the fishing is cr.p at least you can go swimming.

cheers Brent
Lats
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Lats »

Yeah mate, one of my favourite types of fishing. Dont discount them during the summer months either as they will school around the headlands waiting for the right time to enter the rivers to spawn. I've got a rod for river blackfish and one for work on the rocks just in case a big pig was to fancy a bit of cabbage. You will know you're alive then
scottmac
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by scottmac »

Nice work mate. I used to love catching them when I was living on the Goldy. Nothing more relaxing than watching that float and finessing them in. They teach you how to use a rod properly I reckon, when they turn on their sides and you have to really 'give and take' or you will pull the hooks. Great little fighters!
SteveB
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by SteveB »

Nice little catch there mate.
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing. ~Babylonian Proverb

Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers. Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary. ~Patrick F. McManus