Fridgie needed.

scottmac
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Fridgie needed.

Post by scottmac »

Any of you FFFers out there a Fridgie or know of one in the Palmy area? My 500l chest freezer is no longer getting down to temperature. I have bypassed the thermostat, to no avail. It's cooling bet not freezing, so may need regassing, or else the compressors knackered I guess.

I need to get it fixed ASAP or else I'll get a new one. Sick of buying ice, and throwing fish frames away! :banghead:

Will pay cash or :cheers: please pm me or phone 0400026739. Cheers, Scotty.

G-LOOMIS
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Fridgie needed.

Post by G-LOOMIS »

Unless there is obvious oil near compressor, I would say internal gas leak. turn it into a beer esky and buy a new freezer. refrigerant is over $100/KG these days plus around $85/Hr labour. the fact that it has been running short of gas may also cause the compressor to fail in the near future. IMO new freezer.
MUNDITIS - ITS CONTAGIOUS
scottmac
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by scottmac »

Cheers mate. Oh well, might have to bite the bullet then and buy a new one. Unless anyone's got one for sale?
scottmac
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by scottmac »

Just bought a new one. If anyone wants the old one for an esky or to try to fix it, come and get it for a slab of xxxx gold stubbies. Good condition, no rust, just not freezing!Pm or call number in original post.