FFF Seadogs rules update

Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: FFF Seadogs rules update

Post by Matt Flynn »

I'll base my decision on whether to change to double-species rounds on the result of this jewie round - currently no one has put up a jewfish.

If the jewie round doesn't really fire up then I'll double up for the rest with Barra + Macks, Barra + Tuna.

I acknowledge the comments saying there should be dedicated bluewater rounds, but there is no point having bluewater rounds if very few fish are entered ....

ponyplay
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by ponyplay »

cuddlescooper wrote:
ponyplay wrote:[

Arrr don't listen to them matt they are scared of a bit competition, a true sea dog would step up to the plate. They have the option to fish for barra just trying to handicap a few competitors :fu: :fu: :jester: all though sum of us have been called handicaped in the past
I think you should be handicapped for being allowed to fish in that place! Great barra fishing and 5 rounds of it :banghead:, the best powertail lake in the world :banghead: Qld groper a plenty in the rivers :banghead: Jewfish in the rivers :banghead:. Why would you be remotely worried about a bloddy mac or sailfish especially when billfish points are halved! Need a 3m billie to make it really worth chasing one! :banghead:

I don't think we have a chance PP and you want more barra rounds! :lol: :fu:
the questions was put up and i gave my two bobs worth. I said same thing at start comp about oct , but the quotes gone or deleted.
More just stiring the pot after bit sooky sooky la la comments about the ten cm landbased rule.
Was reading few comments in past, when trying to find my quote on oct from few months ago. people disaponted about how serious it is, not going in it any more etc etc. Sum bl..dy good prizes up for grabs wats wrong with having a crack at them , wats wrong with poop stirring each other wats wrong with bit contreversy ??? All makes for more interesting comp.
Its only as serious as you take it or make it your self in the end, maybe next year FFF should l just raffle all the prises of and each time a fish is entered it must be to the sounds of golfers claps and cups tea being raised

Any way im not worried mate fishing that easy over this way so couple you blokes reakon im just going to wade out in croc infested river drinking VB can and snag couple meterys landbased in remaining barra rounds :roll:
Sy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Sy »

Oh Curt.....oh the humanity! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Who needs Camfish?? teehee teehee

Keep slaying em mate :wink:
Cheers

Sy
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Good comments Curt.

The previous comments you mentioned were deleted when I cleaned up the comp threads, I tidied up as there were pages of comments in between the entries.

Might need a FFF Wheel of Fortune for the jewie round ...

At least if I do change it to Macks and Barra, Tuna and Barra etc people can enter their Corroboree and Hardies fish etc.

Once we settle on an ideal format I'll stop changing it ... let's see how many jewies are entered this month.
Sy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Sy »

Seriously Matt,

Why change it?

Not that many barra caught in a tough season so sama sama for Jewies et al maybe?

Change it next year I says ,says I

Tis wot it tis 8) 8)
Cheers

Sy
cuddlescooper
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by cuddlescooper »

Don't worry Curt, I will be havin a crack at ya! Like I said to old Ronnie- Just don't think im going to give it to ya easily! :P

If you can complain so can I. :lol:
sarrge
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by sarrge »

I don't think it should be all about one species - I for one would be disappointed if there was Barra in every round. It should be encouraging people to get out and have a go at different species with different techniques. Where's the milkfish? trevally?
I used to have a handle on life.......then it broke.
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Thought about milkies, skinnies, trevs etc, not enough rounds in the year!
jonr
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jonr »

Multi is more fun a s challenges you and makes it different to ever other Comp out there.

If people are getting them that's part of the comp - there are plenty around at the moment. People are always reluctant to post early I the month.
cuddlescooper
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by cuddlescooper »

Cut a couple of these pesky barra rounds out and you could put milkies and queenies or trevally in. :P

That would take a few out of there comfort zone. takes a bit of skill to catch milkies, or the mighty mullet! :lol:

I agree Jon. Its a challenge to get a variety of species and if they are hard to come by all the better. Only one way to learn how to find them and that is to fish for them more often.
ryjan
Seadog
Seadog

Post by ryjan »

How about a list of species and the entire year to target them, each species has a winner for the largest, and can only enter one fish for each species with the ability to upgrade. He who targets the biggest range of species wins the final prize.

Just suggestions as a lot of guys head out for months and miss entire rounds, in my case my boat doesnt know what water is anymore..... :captain: :titanic:
No crabs in your pots does not make you a victim of crime!
Agent86
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Agent86 »

yep definately guys

gotta have different fish as target species as well, other than just Barra.

the more species the better i reckon, as cuddles sais

take a few out of their comfort zone and make them try for another species.

or they could always just give up :D
If there is water and it holds fish, then it is fun trying to fool them into eating what you offer!!

Especially when you can see them!
cuddlescooper
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by cuddlescooper »

ryjan wrote:How about a list of species and the entire year to target them, each species has a winner for the largest, and can only enter one fish for each species with the ability to upgrade. He who targets the biggest range of species wins the final prize.

Just suggestions as a lot of guys head out for months and miss entire rounds, in my case my boat doesnt know what water is anymore..... :captain: :titanic:
Its a interesting thought there Ryjan. I think it would be good but the whole idea of the monthly rounds is to get more fish posted on the forum more consistently I believe?

I think the format you suggest here would be great but it wouldn't have this component of creating more traffic through the forum in it as every one would just post at the end of the year IMHO. I believe that is the reason behind the format of this comp.
itsinmeblood
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by itsinmeblood »

there's a cr.p load of prizes siphon a few off and have a champion angler prize for the best of each of a list of species that aren't barra or bluewater fish sample list, bream whiting flathead trev queenie jack milkie gar mullet gotta have one of each species to be in the running total cm wins
fish are skinny, the ocean is fat
seano
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by seano »

Bream, flathead whiting :bonk: and mullet! :banghead: comon Jim