Sunshine coast fishing

Introduce yourself, talk about beer, crocs, headlines, dugongs or Paris Hilton.
SarahCat
Silver Member
Silver Member

Sunshine coast fishing

Post by SarahCat »

Snapped up the opportunity to get away from the desert and get near the coast, can anyone recommend charters that operate at the sunshine coast :fishy:

itsinmeblood
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Sunshine coast fishing

Post by itsinmeblood »

couple of hours up the road is rainbow beach awesome place the charter companies there have access to much less hammered water than the sunshine coast operators although the wide bay bar is more weather dependent than Mooloolah River where the majority of charters operate
fish are skinny, the ocean is fat
rosco84
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by rosco84 »

Yeah go to rainbow beach/tin can bay mate , I grow up fishing off fraser and rainbow some good fish to have, red emperor that are 14 kilo not 2 kilo like get caught here, just be careful they don't call everything a snapper back there haha, got a mate Greg Pearce he runs a charter called double island fishing charters, he has a riptide centre console normally only takes a couple people each trip, he knows his poop, other wise Ed falconer owns the Keely rose which is quite good, from now on the Reefies will start coming in a bit closer, good luck it's good fun I miss it, I have a few mates out fishing the shelf tonight
SarahCat
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by SarahCat »

Cheers for the leads fellas, will let you how I went upon return, can't wait. a big emperor would be nice
chrisoo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chrisoo »

pack a jumper mate it'll be chilly
SarahCat
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by SarahCat »

Thanks for the heads up with the clothing attire, wet gear, warm gear or both :fishing: