More Share Farming Stories

Tell us about boat ramp vandals, crab pot share farmers, and others who snatched your tackle.
Wylde_Fish88
Gold Member
Gold Member

More Share Farming Stories

Post by Wylde_Fish88 »

To the blokes in the blue and white boat with the 80hp injected yammie on the back that where crabbing Crab Claw ck on the weekend - I hope you enjoyed your feed of crabs!

Funny that you guys feasted and we couldn't even raise an undersize gen all weekend....Bit suss when you find your pots re-baited with Powertail cable tied into the pot......When im using aluminium cans of catfood....

Might wanna make sure your bilge pump is working before you head out next :fubird: :fubird: :fubird: :hunting:

If your not living on the edge, your just taking up space.

Grammer is for lossers.
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: More Share Farming Stories

Post by nomad »

Thanks for the crabs, they were yummy

Nah, im joking, I hate it and would never do it.(are you sure you lifted your pots?. mostly these mongrels just steal the crabs and dont rebait)
Skippadman
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Skippadman »

44 Magnum will fix that problem
blw
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by blw »

pretty much gotta stay in sight of pots too many thieving kents
balou
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by balou »

Don't condone the practice but at least they didn't just cut the netting or steal it all together . Never heard of a share farmer rebaiting and cable tying .
BungsRin
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by BungsRin »

Never heard of a share farmer rebaiting and cable tying .
I agree - never heard of it. We're your pots of the blue generic type Wylde_Fish88 ? Sounds like a case of mistaken ID. ??

Is it just me or was share farming invented right here in the NT ?

Crabbed the sh1t out of QLD in my younger years, and (to my knowledge) have never had an issue. Must have been naive....

Agree with staying close and if possible use another boat/mate to alternate the checking of your pots.
olfart
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by olfart »

You'd have to be on some serious drugs not to know that tins in the pots aren't yours. Especially if you go armed with PT baits and cable ties. :roll:
" YOUTH is a GIFT "
"AGE is an ART "
"Doesn't mean you get any smarter..just wrinkled and cracked".

"No angler watches nature in a passive way...He enters into its very existence." (John Bailey...Reflections on a Waters Edge)

"Govern a Family as you would catch a small fish....Very Gently." (Chinese Proverb)

"Only those become weary of angling who bring nothing to it but the idea of catching fish." (Rafael Sabatini...1857-1950)

I pray that one day God sends me a fish so big that, when talking of it...I have no reason to lie.
STANDY
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by STANDY »

Had fun watching crabbers coming screaming up creeks after there pots to check them thinking im a share farmer and all im doing is trolling past. People watch pots these days like never before. I have given up putting pots out if im not staying with them since having barra heads stolen out of pots after half a hour
A Fish in the Boat is Worth Five in the Shop.
badcompany
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by badcompany »

My dad went out last weekend, took a visiting relo out and he had 2 pots stolen. They were right up a creek so tide could not have taken them thieves are quick as it was his last round and was collecting the pots from the other end of the creek only to come back to nothing.
Damian B
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Damian B »

Heard of a bloke a few years ago who pulled up his last pot to find a six pack of beer in his pot. He had already got enough crabs and was grateful as he was nearly out of p..s!!!
Wylde_Fish88
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Wylde_Fish88 »

Yeah was definatly my pots, they were the only ones left in the creek as it was a monday. Pretty sure these fellas saw us check out in the morn and must have thought we p...ed off and left our pots behind, we were around the corner having a livebait though and pulled pots just before we actually left. Has my name and mobile number on the float!!
If your not living on the edge, your just taking up space.

Grammer is for lossers.