my summer on the gold coast

And jacks, salmon, jewfish - tell us how you went. NT, FNQ and Norwest.
jeffish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: my summer on the gold coast

Post by jeffish »

cracker fish there mate,epic summer as well and a great post thanks.
All welcome here and as nomad said even a bloke from tassie,but he dont put up many fish :D

newnavyfish88
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by newnavyfish88 »

Jacks, Barra , Tarpon and Giant Herring. The Gold Coast has it all. I wonder if that barra was released in the canals or made its way south?
sharkbait
Seadog
Seadog

Post by sharkbait »

Love the jack's mate, just wish I could catch more..
passenger279
Seadog
Seadog

Post by passenger279 »

Great city fishing there mate, I'm sure not many around the Goldy do better then that!
chrisoo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chrisoo »

I have no idea fellas what's going on with the barra ... I no of at least 10 different fish caught this season here on the goldy , most have been from the nerang river but also coomera river is producing too .... Did anyone see this in the news paper ? Old mate caught and kept a barra here during closed season and caused a massive up brawl .... ? ... I also came across some massive milk fish this summer in a land locked lake , they were rolling on the surface , at first I thought they were giant herring , id chuck a lure straight at them and they wouldnt look at it , I eventually took a mate down & we worked out they were milks so we got some bread and went down there , I hooked up 3 times but just couldnt do anything on 2-4kg rod... There blistering runs were insane ... We went back with heavier gear and my mate got a beauty .. I have no idea where and why these fish are coming from but something's going on ...

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/quee ... 6549441067
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Skippadman
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Skippadman »

Nice fish mate
G-LOOMIS
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by G-LOOMIS »

Welcome chrisso nice post and some great fish, those Millkies go! Do you fish Telabudgree Ck at all? My brother lives right next to it, looks fishy but haven't had a chance to wet a line when down that way.....yet.
MUNDITIS - ITS CONTAGIOUS
barratrooper1
Seadog
Seadog

Post by barratrooper1 »

poop! That is a massive milky!
chrisoo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chrisoo »

Hey loomis, I've fished telle a few times , it's a beautiful little spot down there , waters crystal clear then it meets the river and creeks which are a fishy brown color water, some big jacks up there in those creeks .... Still rather be up north tho , maybe not the heat but the fishing would be insane
dolphinheads
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by dolphinheads »

Jack fishing is my favourite type of fishing. If you are not on your game they will exploit it. You got some great ones there. I got a nice 70 cm barra at maroochydore last Easter and I was stoked, hopefully down that way keeps producing them.
The photo of that MIlky is insane, that thing would blow a lot of the Darwin milky s away!!!! Line burner- drag buster
Roadtrain
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Roadtrain »

Jacks are great......