what's the best barra session you've ever had??

And jacks, salmon, jewfish - tell us how you went. NT, FNQ and Norwest.

whats the best on session barra you've had

+10 fish
10%
+20 fish
14%
+30 fish
20%
+50 fish
28%
+100 fish
22%
+200 fish or more
6%

Total votes: 83

back-cast
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

what's the best barra session you've ever had??

Post by back-cast »

..........what's the best session fishing for barra you've ever had, in one day...........

..........and were was it.........

:fishy: :fishy: :fishy: :fishy: :fishy: :fishy: :fishy: :fishy: :fishy: :fishy: :fishy: :fishy: :fishy: :fishy: :fishy: :fishy: :fishy:
8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

justin
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by justin »

14 in the harbour between 2 of us. :catch: 0ctober this year
Fishhard reel service a cast past the rest
Chronic
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Chronic »

Cricket score at Yellow Water 100-plus, about 4 years years ago now havnt seen em that hungry since! :cry: (including 4 metre+ jobbies!!)
Go the live-baiters!

Beer will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no beer...
flicker
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

best session

Post by flicker »

40 odd fish all between 60 and 80 casting off the barrage at the top of tommycut a few years back, haven't topped it since.

Flicker
you don't know if you don't give it a go
2rods
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by 2rods »

Best I have done was 33 barra in one hour... at a little billabong down near litchfield park about 12 years ago... all around 60cm.

Could of caught them all day but I had work to do :banghead: :banghead:

:cheers:

2rods

2RODS

Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

If I can't be a good example, then I will just have to serve as a horrible warning...

As John Wayne once said:

"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
Moonman
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Moonman »

Spent a day at one of the billabongs in kakadu a few years back, caught at least 60 legal fish.
Didn't matter what you threw at them! :mrgreen:

Can't beat a day like that! 8-)

Cheers!
Moonman
SCHOPPY
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by SCHOPPY »

a few years ago at the roper.
just over 30 legal fish between 4 of us in 2 hours.
4 fish over a meter and the others were all over 75cm.
SEE YA WHEN I'M LOOKIN AT YA
bobj
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bobj »

118 in 3 hours, two of us at Bandicoot Bar, Ord River. 43 in 2 hours below the gates Ord divi dam. Both in 1976, easter weekend.
Cheers, bobj.
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

barra

Post by Matt Flynn »

Caught 120 in a hour or two, didn't lose a lure, no snags, no flies, 26C, got tired so I stopped under some shade for a cold beer when two bikini girls drifted by in a boat with a broken down motor and they had a fresh pizza and a carton of XXXX Gold on board.
Last edited by Matt Flynn on Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Timbo
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Timbo »

Had a good session down the Daily in 2004, 30-40 fish all from 60-90cm.
Failure is only an event, Not a lifestyle
back-cast
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by back-cast »

..............Matt that sounds like "Heavan" have you been back? ...

:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
back-cast
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by back-cast »

.............I have had to many cricket score days of catching barra to count but i will say i was'nt catching the fish i was guiding clients thus i was'nt fishing myself but it's still good fun.............

.............among the most memorable places are,Jessie river rock bar, landing like 40 barra over a meter every day for like a month it actually got boring thats back in about 93or94.........goose creek were you would catch 2-3 hundred barra a day 40-80 cm fish only good fun but again it gets boring..........though the last few years Port Hurd has been exceptional having cricket score catches every day the only thing that determines how many fish you catch is when you get sick of casting at the fish.........and i've had some huge days in the south,east,mary and some billabongs in kakadu but to be honest i dont really count, most clients do though thats how i'm able to quote some numbers........

.............when fisheries introduced F.T.O. licences it became neccisary to count the number of fish you caught each day.........a major pain in the ass, so to keep a bit of accuracy i started using one of those clickers that count up to 100, its hard to keep count when all your doind is standing in the middlle of a boat shaking hooks out of barra, pulling hooks out of my back, keeping one eye on the cranky 14 foot croc and keeping excited punters under some sort of controll.........

...............but its all fun.....

:fishy: :fishy: :rofl: :rofl: :fishy: :fishy: :rofl: :rofl: :fishy: :fishy: :rofl: :rofl: :fishy: :fishy: :rofl: :rofl: :fishy: :fishy: :rofl: :rofl:
Out Blue
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Out Blue »

About 30-40 fish in a couple of hours down at Clear Creek on the Daly.

Unfortunately cut short when a mate put a lure into the other deckies head, blead like a stuffed pig. Lucky the local anaesthetic of rum and coke was onboard for the hour plus trip back to the community to get it cut out.

Not sure what's better, having him bleed in the boat or over the side in croc infested waters. I went for the overside!!!!

Great trip though, must see if i can drum up some photo's of the lure in his head. I'm sure he'd appreciate that.

You know who you are!!!!!!
chanos
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

sessions

Post by chanos »

Have had numerous 50--100 plus fish sessions on the Daly, shady and a couple on the Adelaide over the years. Most memorable was 6 20lb fish in 6 casts at browns ck about 10 year ago, wound my offsider up bigtime as he was having a bad run at the time.

chanos.
Fishing is not a matter of life and death, it is far more serious than that.
BEAR
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by BEAR »

I had a few very good sessions of 50-100 fish over the years mainly at the daly and shady/tommycut area's but I love the daly it is without a doubt my favourite big river to fish :catch:

BEAR