Back Cast cop's a Flogging @ Brisbane Water

drifter
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Back Cast cop's a Flogging @ Brisbane Water

Post by drifter »

Went for an early fish with Back Cast. :fishing:

Our Gear - light rods, 4lb braid.

Plan was to chase surface fish out the front, until the tide changed (high to low @ 10am).

Got out the front & saw birds working off Umina Beach. Bolted over & fish were busting everywhere. :fishy:

Got the boat within casting distance & the 2 of us land our 2" chromies, right in the middle on them.

This has got to get us a fish - right - Well no :banghead: .... 1st cast - no, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and I'm on. I have 300m of 4lb braid on my reel. and 1st run took 1/2 of it. While I'm fighting this (and chasing :captain: ), Back Cast is going hell to leather casting as the school surrounds the boat. 5 or so mins later I net the fish, a nice little mac tuna (Back Cast - not a touch - which I thought amazing, that he could cast a lure into 3 gazillion fish, and not even jag one)

The school dropped & we were off after the next.

When we arrived, we got a cast into a school and I was onto to an Assuie Salmon (this again took 5 mins to land - these fish, both mac's & salmon are great fun on light gear). Again we had fish busting up all around the boat (almost jumping in) and again, Back Cast couldn't raise a scale.

I suggested he go to a 1" blade to "match the hatch"

I like to fcuk with his head.

Got to the next school and 1st cast I'm on (another mac tuna). While I'm landing this fish, again we had fish bumping into the boat - and I I'm guessing by now you know Back Cast's result. :banghead:

After that the fish were flighty and we left to chase flatties. : fishing:

What we were expecting....... (and the whole reason for the mission)

Outgoing spring tides on some very fishy looking sand banks in Brisbane Water.

We found some great eddies and started casting (I was using a 100mm sguidgies - white lightning - paddle tail mullet looking thing with silver speckles)

I'm onto a good fish (43cm - so good for me), and we have something to go into the live bait tank for dinner. :catch:

Meanwhile (back at the farm) Back Cast - not a touch. :D

Next spot I'm on & you guessed it - Back Cast - nil

Next spot, I have a strike, leave for a sec, then tap - strike and I'm on. Back Cast says "Fcuk that's a great fish - I saw him take that - it had a head like a saucer. Turned out to be a flounder. It fought harder than any of the flatties.

This is how the morning progressed.....Poor Back Cast :cry: Still fishless :cry: :D

Back Cast noticed a good run-off from another bank, so we went around investigating. 1st cast I had, I stuffed up when casting and lost my gear. :banghead:

So being the great guy that I am, :angel: and having Bask Cast guide for me in Darwin for many years, I decided to hold the boat in position for him to get a few casts in. (from here on know as "Back Cast's Hole")

1st Cast and he is on... finally. I won't take a foto of such a small fish.....so he does.

His next fish is the same, so no foto's.

So... for the Tally;

Drifter - 2 mac's, 1 salmon, 5 flatties, 1 flounder

Back Cast - well - 2 embarrassing flatties
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: Back Cast cop's a Flogging @ Brisbane Water

Post by Matt Flynn »

little fish are sweet!
back-cast
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by back-cast »

PPPFFFFTTTttt Ha Ha....
nikoniko
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nikoniko »

I cant believe how tasty those flatheads are, thanks Drifter
xxxx
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by xxxx »

If it's any consolation B.Cast, our mighty Bunnies are looking good even tho they don't hand out premierships in March.........keep fishin and wait for # 21
Aaah, retirement.........the hours are good , but the pay is absolute cr.p.