Solar Problems

Introduce yourself, talk about beer, crocs, headlines, dugongs or Paris Hilton.
MOUSE
Seadog
Seadog

Solar Problems

Post by MOUSE »

Just been informed that the company we were going through to install our solar system on the house has gone bust,
Administrators and receivers have already started there investigation and froze all of this companies assets, what is left anyways, along with our money, which we believe is long gone
Apparentely the company have known about the problems for a while but still were taking people's deposits, read into that anyway you want
Anyone else had issues?

This was no fly by small company either, quite a big, Aussie wide turn out

Boars, Barra, Bundy & Bare Arsed
Adventure Before Dementia
wally gator
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Solar Problems

Post by wally gator »

Had a solar mob at my place couple of weeks ago......... are you able to name them !!! or will that cause problems ?? so no one else gets stung !!!
MOUSE
Seadog
Seadog

Post by MOUSE »

I couldn't give a f#ck about 'em mate
Unleashed is there name
Lesson learnt here, stay local, at least you can chase 'em up, warranty etc
This mob won't do anymore damage,
tangles
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tangles »

Even buying local can be a problem.you need to make sure the manufacturer of panels and inverter will pay for the installer to repair/replace if their are any issues.their is a lot of cheap cr.p around.
smed
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by smed »

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/sout ... 6586271232

Anyone heard about problems with solar power generation in areas of high humidity??
MOUSE
Seadog
Seadog

Post by MOUSE »

Haven't heard of any @smed, get quality gear u should be right
I'd say a lot of people in Darwin have it, a hell of a lot over here have it or are getting it
Damian B
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Damian B »

Do your homework if you are going solar, a lot of dodgy operators with pretty ordinary gear out there.
UncleD
Seadog
Seadog

Post by UncleD »

We have had a 5kw system installed by SolarFlo over Christmas. $14000. No problems. Efficient installation. Generated 24kwh today.
My Giddy Aunt!
tangles
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tangles »

Unfortunately solar flo has had numerous problems with their panels and a couple of inverters.i believe 1 of their main contractors
Has to return and replace components at his own cost as solar flo does not cover it.i was looking at installing 1 of their systems but am looking into another brand.i have used some of the lights they distribute but had about 10 percent failure rate.
UncleD
Seadog
Seadog

Post by UncleD »

Well so far so good....no problems. Both the inverter (SMA Sunnyboy) and panels (Auxim) are established brands which we purchased from Solarflo and were installed by a local electrical contractor so it seems strange that problems with equipment would be a contractors problem unless it was due to installation faults (the contractor providers the Certificate of Completion confirming that the installation was carried out correctly to conform with building regulations and hence is certified).

We too purchased lights and have had no failures although we were initially left with a couple of spares as we were told there are occasional failures out of the box. Again, only early days but no problems so far.
My Giddy Aunt!
maxpower
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by maxpower »

UncleD, I wouldnt be too worried, the Auxin panels seem pretty good to me. They went to a lot of trouble getting their gear certified for Cyclone areas. Panel looked good quality and sturdy to me when I used to be involved in solar installs. Fixing system is good too.

SMA Inverters seem to be far superior to most of the others Ive seen. Don't get too many failures. Would be my choice for an inverter.
UncleD
Seadog
Seadog

Post by UncleD »

No reason to worry at this time. I don't want to stick my neck out and recommend something that I've only had for a couple of months however I can say that we made a significant investment in something new to us, had absolutely nothing to complain about during the entire process, everything ran to plan/on time/as was explained to me, the personal service was excellent and the equipment is working very well at this time.

This is not a typical experience in the NT.!
My Giddy Aunt!
Dundee Hombre
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Dundee Hombre »

My electrician brother in law and I installed our system at Dundee. It is a work in progress capable of 5 kw at present, lifting it to 10 kw in the future. So far it has cost me $3000 and it easily runs the fridges, lights, fans, pump and provides 6 hrs of aircon a night. Just waiting for the dry for a complete switch over to solar power, instead of weekends only.
Dundee Hombre
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Dundee Hombre »

My electrician brother in law and I installed our system at Dundee. It is a work in progress capable of 5 kw at present, lifting it to 10 kw in the future. So far it has cost me $3000 and it easily runs the fridges, lights, fans, pump and provides 6 hrs of aircon a night. Just waiting for the dry for a complete switch over to solar power, instead of weekends only.
MOUSE
Seadog
Seadog

Post by MOUSE »

just received some good news, another mob are going to take over our account, with no new or additional charges
good to see theres still a few proper, honest and reliable people around