how is middle arm

And jacks, salmon, jewfish - tell us how you went. NT, FNQ and Norwest.
Manton mad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

how is middle arm

Post by Manton mad »

Just wondering how middle arm is fishing? Heading out saturday with the wife an young'en to try an ged some goldy's an salmon crossing fingers on even a bazza. Missed the good crab run in the dry might even throw the pots out an see if any are left befor they bugger of to deeper waters. Anyway will put up a post if we end up getting anything here is a pic of one of the better sized fish from a old trip
2012-04-23 10.34.59.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

fishing is my addiction there is no cure
Ben Jam
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: how is middle arm

Post by Ben Jam »

There's not much run in the tide on Saturday, I would be staying away from both harbours and go leaders, the narrows, or even SB.
----------------------------
-----------------------------
Manton mad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Manton mad »

Went an had a look at the boat ramp for the last of the run out an a 1 1/2 incoming an there was some barra working the drain/small creek to the left of the ramp ended up with 4 barra an dropped 3 all small but a heap of fun biggest would have been around 45-50cm some good barra working the bait once the water started to enter the drain the wind was getting bad so i retired to the aircon in the car an went home
fishing is my addiction there is no cure
mako
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by mako »

Wait for three days after rain stops. Ideal tide for middle arm is a 1.5 m low. Fish around the two islands. :mrgreen:
Davey D
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Davey D »

Me and a mate where there tuesday. lots of barra around and salmon rounding up prawns. worked hard all day and only managed one barra at 47cm. was my first saltwater barra though so i was happy. got it on a gulp shrimp. dropped two pots in just down from the ramp and ended up with 6 good sized blue swimmers. no muddies. got drenched a couple times then scorched soon after. did find a nice deep hole at the front of creek across from ranp which had goldies and cod.
The ones who fight for their beliefs are those who achieve their dreams.

Can we just take the warning stickers off everything and let natural selection take its place, I mean if its spinning fast dont put your fingers in it..... Its not hard

ARTE ET MARTE
shaggs
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by shaggs »

My young bloke has been taking the kids there and getting their share of pan sized goldies and 4 mud crabs the other night
he's been fishing a few klms up towards the mouth on a rock bar on the left there
If you want the marks let me know
Great fun for the kids
The past is history,the future is mystery,the moment is a gift and that's why it's called the present
foxtail
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by foxtail »

love the marks shaggs if you willing to give
chaffe
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chaffe »

Never had much luck at Middle arm myself.