Abu Revo

Finatic2
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Abu Revo

Post by Finatic2 »

seano wrote:revo inshore is a good solid reel, holds a lot of line and has a great drag. casts well but not as good as a zillion .they arent corrosion proof as you may be led to believe and still need to be washed down and looked after. I would defiantly get another one.

I agree with Seano, I have both but prefer the Revo (Limited Edition one) for casting as it is lighter and the profile is better for my Yeti Hands.

Fish stories told here....some true !!!

When in doubt...exaggerate !!
BlueyNT
Seadog
Seadog

Post by BlueyNT »

I've always had ABU reels , I started with an ABU 5600C on a Len Butterworth pistol grip rod , I used that for over 30years , the reel was ohauled a couple of times , not because anything was wrong with it but just to put new bearings in it and give it a good clean up. It was the first model that ABU released with the thumb bar .
Its still in good working order with some boat rash ,I would be still using it if I could get the runners replaced on the rod for a reasonable price.

Anyway I decided to splash out and bought an ABU Revo Inshore off Ebay from the US and also an Graphite ABU Verdict rod to go with it . Its a great combination , just made for each other .Reel was 126.00AUD and the rod was $76.00US ( I see the rods start at 129US now) The brake system takes a bit of getting used to when casting but that's not a big deal. Its way lighter than my much used 5600C. together with the rod they weigh less that the old butterworth rod.
I can cast all day with it with out getting RSI
My Son has the Limited Edition of the same reel and absolutely loves it.
I'm not young enough to know every thing .
ajbear
Seadog
Seadog

Post by ajbear »

I have one of those revo inshore ltd edition multi coloured jobs, Haven't used it much as the minister for finance has claimed it for her own but it holds plenty of 30lb braid and handles 80cm barra without any trouble, seems to have plenty of drag to do the job with carbontex drag washers straight out of the box!!
Just remember if all else fails "try like F##K" !!!!!!!