Have you ever been stung by a spider, scorpion or centipede?

Put your poll about non-fishing topics here.

Have you ever been stung by a spider, scorpion or centipede?

Yes
75%
No
25%

Total votes: 24

Chloe
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog
Location: New to Darwin, but from Germany. I was born in Egypt.

Post by Chloe »

I think [quote]Mad you is more than that.

harmsey
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by harmsey »

geeze matt yah gettin technical now, i think you should try sleeping at night :idea: had me going too 8-)
2rods
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Chloe

Post by 2rods »

Matt Flynn wrote:Well, if you haven't worked it out already Mad Chloe is a Robot - she will ultimately become the Help Person on the forum. Her script is upgradeable and customisable - a lot of work is currently going into these forum "AIs".

I couldn't resist setting her loose in a couple of forums to see what would happen :twisted: ... I will leave her there for the time being so we can have fun watching the newbies stumble upon her.

Oh, did I mention BarraBeast and Blinky are Robots too ... :naughty:
:lolpoint: :lolpoint: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Thank god you told them Matt..

Oh and yes BB is a machine,,, have you seen him drinking??? no mortal could do that and live. :grin:

:cheers:

2rods
:cheers:

2RODS

Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

If I can't be a good example, then I will just have to serve as a horrible warning...

As John Wayne once said:

"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
Chloe
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Chloe »

Are you serious? I live in California. Where do you live?
Shane Doevy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Shane Doevy »

I havent been wacked by a centipede yet touch wood but i remember a few years back we were dwon in QLD at Canungra - jungle training - had been in the weeds for a few days and went back in to refit - as i was cleaning my gear out there was about 3 or 4 big b%^$#@ds in there - thank goodness i didnt dive my hand in there at night to find something - might have been abit unpleasant - or painful at least - they were monsters - size 9 1/2 boot fixed em no worries. Nature lover my arse.

By the way i had my suspicions about Chloe and PM'd matt about her a while back..

Shane
Work is what i do to pay for fishing!!
Chloe
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Chloe »

Me either.
Andy Grey
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Andy Grey »

MM shame that it seems like we finally had some intelligent life on the forum and it turns out to be again, not female and not real after all :lipsrsealed: Thank god I thought that I was the only one getting stalked there for a while. Good work Matt. :applause: you got me.
http:www.andrewgreyphotography.com.au
George
Seadog
Seadog

Post by George »

I got nailed by a whitetail. Crawled into my swag with a gut full of rum an awoke to find 1 dead whitetail in the bottom of my swag an an ankle that was so swolen and discoloured that we had to cut the sock off my foot. A week later and the swelling went down. Funny thing though, after that every year around the same time my ankle would discolour and swell and hurt. This went on for around three years before the symptons fully disapeared.
Custom Plate Boats
Boat modifications
Trailer and repairs

http://www.fishingterritory.com
Tiwi Storm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tiwi Storm »

George wrote:I got nailed by a whitetail. Crawled into my swag with a gut full of rum an awoke to find 1 dead whitetail in the bottom of my swag an an ankle that was so swolen and discoloured that we had to cut the sock off my foot. A week later and the swelling went down. Funny thing though, after that every year around the same time my ankle would discolour and swell and hurt. This went on for around three years before the symptons fully disapeared.
yeah i had a mate that got bitten on the noggin by a whitetail, and had the mark reappear every year. (baldy)
mine never did, it went green when i got bitten, and never again.
guess i was lucky, and didn't have much of a reaction.
Sconik
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Sconik »

Both of my boys got bitten centipedes whilst playing in the back yard in the Cocos Islands. They were only little tackers then and couldn't really talk well enough to express what had happened clearly. If it wasn't for Bailey, who was 18 months old, still holding the 8 inch critter in his hand (squashed lifeless) we wouldn't have known what happened. Their hands swelled up to double normal size, and they screamed just about non-stop for 2 days.
One of the carpenters over there got bitten on his thumb by a centipede too. He reckons the pain was like nothing else he had ever experienced before in his life. Said it would have been less painful to cut his hand off.

Nice work with the robot Matt. I gave her the benefit of the doubt initially, thinking her english may not have been so good. Wouldn't have picked her to be 'AI' in a million years. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Cheers,
Scotty