If you had to vote again Hendo or Millsy

Put your poll about non-fishing topics here.

Hendo
60%
Millsy
40%

Total votes: 85

STANDY
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by STANDY »

with all the current issues

A Fish in the Boat is Worth Five in the Shop.
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: If you had to vote again Hendo or Millsy

Post by nomad »

I suppose only time will tell. That and all the extra costs of living here that will come into effect soon.
Is it a case of better the devil you know?
I heard someone the other day saying that we don’t have to pay off our debt in one term. He said, we all have mortgages or other debt but we aren’t all broke and we pay it off eventually.
fishfanatic
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by fishfanatic »

Hmmm..interesting take on the present situation. I wonder if the bush vote would still carry the CLP through bearing in mind the people out bush are largely shielded from the massive price rises in power/water/sewerage.
Makes you wonder.... :mrgreen:
'Take me drunk, I'm home"
Unknown

"Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth".
John F. Kennedy

"The first principle of a free society is an untrammeled flow of words in an open forum"
Adlai E. Stevenson

"We are willing enough to praise freedom when she is safely tucked away in the past and cannot be a nuisance. In the present, amidst dangers whose outcome we cannot foresee, we get nervous about her, and admit censorship".
Forster, Edward

"Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear"
George Orwell

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
by Anonymous
BarraBeast
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by BarraBeast »

this is a good topic. Matt can we set up a special 'poop List' section on the forum?

my poop list;
Terry Mills
Power Water
Stalkers
"in chemistry, Alcohol is a solution! "
BlueyNT
Seadog
Seadog

Post by BlueyNT »

Im hoping at the next election the Shooters and Fishers party is up and running and has a candidate here.
If not I'll vote for Mr X again .

The poll should have "neither" also as some people just cant bring themselves to waste a vote on either party.
I'm not young enough to know every thing .
dirtyruiz
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by dirtyruiz »

So far we have the following from Terry Bills:

Power rate rise

First home buyers rate rise

Arafura games scrapped

Tiwi Island fishing permit refund scrapped

Humpty Doo Fire Station scrapped

Boat rego not been ruled out

The promised extra 120 police have not been recruited

The full strength beer that Xavier Francis promised to bring back to the Tiwi Islands has not arrived either. That will be interesting.

Kezia is my deputy. Kezia will be — if we’re successful on August the 25th — deputy chief minister,” – Didn’t happen, Billsie even shafted Kezia

No speed limits have been changed – CLP were promising to bring back the open speed limits, remember?

The Territory economy is strong and forecast to stay strong, it was before the election despite CLP hysteria

Let’s see if the CLP seal the road to Port Keats, successive CLP and ALP governments couldn’t even manage to seal the road to Dundee. And what is at Port Keats? What a joke. If the road is sealed, tens of millions of dollars wasted. That would also be a joke.

I wouldn't have such a problem with it if Terry Bills's key election promise wasn't to "lower the cost of living for all Terrtorians". What a bald faced lie, this f-wit wont get past the next election.
Ben Jam
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Ben Jam »

I'd rather someone over the top with saving then someone I over the top with spending. Do people think money grows on trees? If you want nice things then you will have to pay for it. A government in major debt is no good for everyone.
Im sick of people thinking that's life's one big hand out!!
----------------------------
-----------------------------
Damian B
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Damian B »

Well said Ben Jam. Couldn't agree more!!
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

dirtyruiz wrote:What a bald faced lie
The worst of it is that pollies know that we know that they all tell lies so no one is surprised
cuddlescooper
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by cuddlescooper »

I agree that time will tell. If they are serious about it they can raise the revenue now and drop it back to reasonable levels a bit later in the term. That would be smart politics. Problem is nothing ever seems to drop in price any more so that probably wont happen.

Any way they are all as bad as each other and I dare say that if the debt was as bad as they seem to say the other mob would probably done the same as soon as they got into power in regards to price rises.
shaggs
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by shaggs »

I don't think either of them could organise a p..s up in a brewery
The past is history,the future is mystery,the moment is a gift and that's why it's called the present
dirtyruiz
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by dirtyruiz »

You should learn a little about economics before you lap politicians bullsh!t spin Ben Jam. Spending and debt are used for a reason.

http://clubtroppo.com.au/2012/07/25/sto ... territory/

Note the part about the previous governments projected debt in relation to upgrading power and water services. That is an example of why a government would borrow money, if you'd rather get a 30% increase in your bill matter for you. Bottom line is the debt the NT has is nothing in reality, on a national or international comparison is is incredibly low, and healthy.
dirtyruiz
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by dirtyruiz »

And get ready for the $20 pineapple "service fee" you'll get jammed in the ar.se with next time you go to the MVR. What the f-ck is that all about?
Storm42012

Post by Storm42012 »

U can get round the mvr 20$ fee .. Just pay online

Dunno bout port Keats but fog bay rd is sealed and namarada will be by this time next year.

I agree tho it's all a load of poop just robbing the average hard working bloke to pay for the votes that got them in power. I heard something about every household in bush communities will receive 5200 for renovations. WTF IS THAT!!?!?!?
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

millsy - 'If you vote for me, i will give you saturday am opening of the rego office - -
someone has to pay for it - User pays

Remember not so long ago when they increased the cost of rego $90/year to bring us into line with the other states.. Before that, we were the cheapest

PS
Dont forget that we are heavily subsidised by the other states via GST.
If I were NSW i would be spewing about the revenue raised by the state that is dished out to us and other poor states
Thats what the 'commonwealth' is about