Trag.

max
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Trag.

Post by max »

As the wind had dropped off I deceided a trip out in the blue was on so we headed nth from the bar (Yamba) & passing Illuka & woody head the water was alive with birds & bait so stopped & jigged a few yelowtail which promptly went on a big hook to soak for a while as we threw chromies about but a few small tailor were all that wanted to play but the Spaniards & Tuna cant be far away .Ive heard that small Blacks get taken from Woody Head on livies occasionally.We headed further nth & bounced a few Gulps & tried squid & pillies all for a mob of Red Harrys (spikey bl..dy things).I noticed a good showing of bait whilst cruising further up the coast & dropped some baits down & got a few trag which I hadnt seen before ,they look like small jewies but dont eat as good :( .If the winds play the game we will get out a bit more & chase some pelagics .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: Trag.

Post by Matt Flynn »

Probably the first trag post on FFF Max. Good to see! A strange fish - like mini jewies. Good to see you are getting amongst them.
STANDY
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by STANDY »

Only got a fishing mag this week with a feature on Trag , reckons there good eating max
A Fish in the Boat is Worth Five in the Shop.
AM
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by AM »

Your making me homesick again Max
max
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by max »

Ha,nice spot here AM .The river towards the Yamba end isnt fishing all that flash lately ,all the gurus reckon with the lack of rain the fish have moved way upstream,they say theve never seen the water so clear down this way,although I heard of an 8kg snapper caught off the wall last week.

Return to “NSW”