Found Brand new stella

little_fisher
Silver Member
Silver Member

Found Brand new stella

Post by little_fisher »

6-10 kilo spin stick with a Shimano Stella. Found at Elizabeth River Jetty. Looks brand new, found last night night while having a flick. Please message me for more details. :catch:
:birdie: :birdie:

Ben Jam
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Found Brand new stella

Post by Ben Jam »

:applause: :applause: Good stuff little-fisher on being honest mate. I think you may get a few replies on this one, might pay to hold out on some of the info like the brand of the rod and colour braid to try and get the rightful owner.

Once again well done mate. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
----------------------------
-----------------------------
kowkamoo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kowkamoo »

how can anybody forget about there expensive gear I wonder.
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

Yeah good karma for you little fisher. hopefully the owner will get back to you. 8)

Oh by the way, i left one there with red, i mean blue, i mean green braid, i mean mono on it. :twisted:

I remember years ago i put my wallet on top of my car while i changed my clothes after work. drove off with my wallet and a weeks pay in it. :bonk:
sarrge
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by sarrge »

Good to see honest people are still alive and well....

Good on you little fisher
I used to have a handle on life.......then it broke.
Queasy
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Queasy »

Shouldn't this be handed in to the local police station? If unclaimed in x days its yours. At least that's how things used to work. Not every fisho is a member of FFF, even if we might think they should be...

Guess this is what the Lost & Found section is for tho.
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

Queasy wrote:handed in
Thats what i first thought but ive never seen anything that ive handed in again. Usually goes to auction ??

Maybe contact the tackle shops and ask them
DOUG
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by DOUG »

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the person that owns the reel wasn't using it there ;)
I'd say the owner will be great full it's been found tho!
Queasy
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Queasy »

nomad wrote:
Thats what i first thought but ive never seen anything that ive handed in again. Usually goes to auction ??
Depends on the shop I guess. My sister found a wad of cash, she handed it in, a month or so later the police came knocking on our door to give her the unclaimed cash.

Some mates of mine found some quad bikes while hunting in a national park. They handed them in to the ranger's office, when they went back to see whether or not they had been claimed, the ranger's son could be seen doing burnouts in the back yard on one of them!

My brother had 2 motorbikes stolen from his back yard. He repeatedly went to the police station to see whether they had turned up there and was told 'they're not here'. So he put up notices about the place and got a call almost straight away from a chap who said he had found them tied up to a tree and handed them in. My brother returned to the police station and pressed them on the matter and sure enough they were there and had been there for some time - the police had just been too 'lazy' or busy to check.

I believe stuff that is handed in and not claimed by either the owner or the person handing them in is then auctioned off.

I would think that the first port of call for someone who has lost something is generally the police, even if they're not always keen to hand if over.
And the person handing it over can, if they manage to claim an unclaimed item, have it guilt free.
Pecheur
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Pecheur »

Hi there,

Yes, good on you Little_Fisher, kudos o this one.

Have a good day,
Pecheur
deepblack
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by deepblack »

nomad wrote:

Maybe contact the tackle shops and ask them
Ditto mate, there's always some reason why it can't be claimed after the cooling off period.....
North Shore Reel Service 0400494401.
MOUSE
Seadog
Seadog

Post by MOUSE »

Some mates of mine found some quad bikes while hunting in a national park.

Quads?????? I would of expected that these things would be something that u wouldn't lose, maybe something dodgy going on?

Bit of honesty certainly doesn't go astray these days, good onya little-fisher
Boars, Barra, Bundy & Bare Arsed
Adventure Before Dementia
Sweaty
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Found Brand new stella

Post by Sweaty »

If you had it in to the police station, and provide them with all your details, saying that if no one collects it you would like it.. They will provide you with a receipt and will contact you if its not picked up..
spazzard
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by spazzard »

made me feel all warm n fuzzy, champion effort :bow:
Queasy
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Queasy »

MOUSE wrote:Some mates of mine found some quad bikes while hunting in a national park.
Quads?????? I would of expected that these things would be something that u wouldn't lose, maybe something dodgy going on?
They (it may have only been one) had been driven off road into a national park (which I'm fairly certain is not permitted) and appeared to have been abandoned, perhaps after breaking down from memory. Given the effort my mates had gone to to get them (it) out of there, they were keen to take possession of them (it), but wanted to go about it the 'right' way. And got shafted as a result. Perhaps they should have asked for a receipt :wink: