Righto whats the go in Darwin with spearin?

Rumour has it that some FFF members are spearos. It's time to come out of the closet.
Maysie

Post by Maysie »

G'day yáll. where can you go spearfishing in darwin and not get buzzed by crocs? that's only thing that is preventing em from grabbin my float and gun and driving 3hrs to darwin every weekend.... and if your convincing enough and want a spear buddy lemme know. I am super keen to dive just about anywhere. I can comfortably dive 10m, 15 to 20 for a shoot n scoot. also what gear you using?

the pic is of me n a mate after about 4.5hrs out off broulea NSW. there was another that went with us that took the photo.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: Righto whats the go in Darwin with spearin?

Post by Matt Flynn »

Talk to BarraBeast on here. He has gills.
BarraBeast
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by BarraBeast »

Matt Flynn wrote:Talk to BarraBeast on here. He has gills.
i hate to sound stand off ish, BUT definetly dont contact me. i dont condone or encourage anyone to do this sport in Darwin. How could I when there's a massive croc population, bad viz and the generally hazadous mixture of elements to take the unwary.

if you have learnt to freedive somewhere else that's great. the small group that do dive here are not open to new divers 'off the street' so to speak. This is no judgment on you but we have drawn the line with diving with basically strangers.

I'm happy to give give you some survival advise but that's about it. We dont promote the sport in any way and it's not a free for all to dive with us, there's too much at stake and we need to minimise the risks. This may sound clicky but we've had one death in our group and we are not keen to re-live that.

if i must explain the situation further then call, 0419 781 209. cheers.
"in chemistry, Alcohol is a solution! "
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Plus there's only so many jewies to go round :mrgreen:
Toxic
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Toxic »

Crazy,crazy people!!! Thats what boats are for.
Bellfish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Bellfish »

i usually go the blue holes for goldies trout and crays but gotta watch out for sharks expecially tigers i see them i get a bit sceptical
got-none
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by got-none »

swim in Darwin :rofl:

there was a big croc out at fenton recently and that's 16miles out
"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid" -Albert Einstein-
Toxic
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Toxic »

Mate of mine was spearfishing at the Blue Holes until a 3 metre croc swam past him.... :croc: No thanks....
Lats
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Lats »

Blue holes??? Bugger that. Smack bang in between the Adelaide and SB. Once saw a big croc stalking a pod of dolphins right out the front of the blue holes
Bellfish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Bellfish »

i know the risk and people say im crazy but me and 2 other mates go we keep an eye out for each other but i dont evan attempt them until the tides have basically no movement but there is some rippa trout, goldies, jacks and if look hard enough youll find the holy grail painted crays :D
stormboy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by stormboy »

Bellfish wrote:i know the risk and people say im crazy but me and 2 other mates go we keep an eye out for each other but i dont evan attempt them until the tides have basically no movement but there is some rippa trout, goldies, jacks and if look hard enough youll find the holy grail painted crays :D
It would be good/wise to see some pics of these ripper trout, Crays etc on the forum.
STANDY
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by STANDY »

Pictures Bellfish??

Dont want to end up questioned like camfish
A Fish in the Boat is Worth Five in the Shop.
Bellfish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Bellfish »

have a few pics of me after I got taken to bare sandy/sims reef first time I did it but no shots on the water as of human error :banghead: , might be going out with a couple mates In a month :D so will deffinetly put some photos up still tossing up between bynoe or vernons it's all up to me mates though don't go unless im with them
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
swamp_donkey89
Seadog
Seadog

Post by swamp_donkey89 »

I have done around 20 dives with scuba in Darwin harbour but Fortunate enough to have never seena croc otherwise I would have pooped myself and burleyed it up, but after learning in this low vis. Environment, it's amazing when u get good vis
Nocturnal
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Nocturnal »

Where them fish speared Bellfish ? What sort of spear are you using ? leaves no damage on the fish frames :fishing: