Miami producers the goods!

Welcome to international visitors. And local members, tell us about your fishing holiday ...
aussiemaps
Gold Member
Gold Member

Miami producers the goods!

Post by aussiemaps »

Hey all fffers.

so whilst on my american adventure i was lucky enough to slip away from the missus for a day and do a spot of fishing off the miami coast.

the day can only be described as one of highs and lows (but i will get to that later). So i headed out on a shared charter (which ended up being 2 half day charters) about a 2kms off the miami coast, which was good as the weather has not been to forgiving over the last couple days.

So first charter, a couple mac tuna's were caught, a spotted mac, but the fish to get excited about was a 22kg (estimated by the crew) golden amberjack! started trolling and thats how we pickup up the tuna and macs. after that we (the deckie, with the rest of us watching him) were dropping livies (blue vains) on top of a couple wrecks, when the rod buckled the deckie calls for the captain to gun it! now the rigs we were using looked like the big shimano tiagra game reels,monce clear he hands the rod off for someone to fight the fish. so old mate was about to get the fish up relatively quickly for one that size. was a good fight though. :applause:
IMG_9954.JPG
IMG_9962.JPG
So we head in, drop off the first lot and pick up the afternoon guests. the afternoon started a bit more productively, with a couple more mac tuna, but then one shella got onto a mahi-mahi! this thing went belistic, jumping numerous times! :applause:
IMG_9991.JPG
IMG_9999.JPG
IMG_0006.JPG
She also landed a nice spotted mac, with all of this happening within the first hour of the afternoon charter. After this things went dead. Not a bite until right on 4:50 right before we were due to head back to dock.

The rig was again a massive tournament set up, with a full mac tuna used as bait, dropped over the side for anything big enough to eat it, but this time was just left in the rod holder next to me while the deckie looked after the kites we had out the back. well the rod buckled, i was first to it, started cranking, but the deckie got me to move so he and the captain could use the boat and drag whatever it was away from the bottom. so i am licking my lips thinking, havent caught poop all day, rods right next to me, got to it first, been on here for two charters, im going to get whatever it is up and it will make my day. I just in the chair in anticipation, only to have the deckie tell me to get out and passes the rod to the shella who had caught the other fish. So she reels up a good 7 foot (again estimated by the crew) hamerhead, the deckie grabs the leader and it is claimed as a fair catch (cause on one wanted the bugger in the boat).
IMG_0045.JPG
So it was a good day fishing. But i am extremely frigging annoyed with the way in which the crew handled the final catch. I dont want to p..s on any deckies or skippers back home in writing this but isnt there some sort of etiquette that allows for a fair distribution of fish between guests. i forked out for a full day and end up with poop all because this cad decides to had it off to someone else (nothing against all the others on the charters, as they were really nice and friendly). So if ever in miami i dont recommend going on lady pamela 2.... you may be robbed of a fish!

Anyway, will be home in a week so hopefully i can just have a crack at the barras in my own boat!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

***Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley!**
Till
Seadog
Seadog

Re: Miami producers the goods!

Post by Till »

Did she have big cans?
aussiemaps
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Miami producers the goods!

Post by aussiemaps »

hahaha nar i reckon i would have been a bit more understanding if the deckie was trying to get into her, but her husband was on the doat too.
***Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley!**