Too much time on my hands!

JewieQueen
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Too much time on my hands!

Post by JewieQueen »

Hi All,

To make up for not working at the moment due to bubs i decided i needed a new hobby. I broght some lure blanks off ebay and a cheapish airbrush kit, some createx paints and holographic tape and got creative. Here is a few i have knocked up. blanks in picture to.

Have tested them in the spa and they swim great but tjere is no fish in my spa so the next trial is to see if they actually catch fish :lol: Watch this space!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

It has always been my private conviction that any man who pits his intelligence against a fish and loses has it coming.

Give a man a fish, and he can eat for a day. But teach a man how to fish, and he'll be dead of mercury poisoning inside of three years.

“Fishing, with me, has always been an excuse to drink in the daytime”

"Soon after I embraced the sport of angling I became convinced that I should never be able to enjoy it if I had to rely on the cooperation of the fish."
BarraMick
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Too much time on my hands!

Post by BarraMick »

they look the goods. no reason they wont work.
looks like a good time killer for around the house as well.
Cheetum
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Cheetum »

Top effort!
olfart
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by olfart »

Verrrry nice JQ..Reckon the light blue/silver will be a killer at Cahills and in the blue water. :applause:
" YOUTH is a GIFT "
"AGE is an ART "
"Doesn't mean you get any smarter..just wrinkled and cracked".

"No angler watches nature in a passive way...He enters into its very existence." (John Bailey...Reflections on a Waters Edge)

"Govern a Family as you would catch a small fish....Very Gently." (Chinese Proverb)

"Only those become weary of angling who bring nothing to it but the idea of catching fish." (Rafael Sabatini...1857-1950)

I pray that one day God sends me a fish so big that, when talking of it...I have no reason to lie.
dirtyruiz
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by dirtyruiz »

Nice work indeed, let us know if they catch a fish
cuddlescooper
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by cuddlescooper »

wow, love a couple of the colour skeems there.

Would you try to repaint a few of my lures for me? Pm if you would be interested and name your price.
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

so can i pick them up over the weekend or what :D
Pecheur
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Pecheur »

Hi there,

Very nice, and it will be really pleasant when you will start to catch some fish with your own lures.
Well done!

Have a good day,
Pecheur
Panam
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Panam »

:clap: Very nice, got a great finish to em 8)
JewieQueen
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by JewieQueen »

Thanks for the positive feedback fella's.. i forgot to mention that holographic tape is the hardest part to work with, trying to keep smooth with no airbubbles it drives me berko at times :lol:

Will let you all know when i catch fish on them.

Nomad i will swing some your way if you think it will improve your fishing :rofl:

Will pm you CC
It has always been my private conviction that any man who pits his intelligence against a fish and loses has it coming.

Give a man a fish, and he can eat for a day. But teach a man how to fish, and he'll be dead of mercury poisoning inside of three years.

“Fishing, with me, has always been an excuse to drink in the daytime”

"Soon after I embraced the sport of angling I became convinced that I should never be able to enjoy it if I had to rely on the cooperation of the fish."
olfart
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by olfart »

Lenna, try wetting th lure with a weak detergent/water wipe, helps by allowing the sticky to slide a bit and squeeze out the bubbles, as you work them out the sticky will grab on,I use this method to apply stickers, should work for you.
graham.
" YOUTH is a GIFT "
"AGE is an ART "
"Doesn't mean you get any smarter..just wrinkled and cracked".

"No angler watches nature in a passive way...He enters into its very existence." (John Bailey...Reflections on a Waters Edge)

"Govern a Family as you would catch a small fish....Very Gently." (Chinese Proverb)

"Only those become weary of angling who bring nothing to it but the idea of catching fish." (Rafael Sabatini...1857-1950)

I pray that one day God sends me a fish so big that, when talking of it...I have no reason to lie.
passenger279
Seadog
Seadog

Post by passenger279 »

Hey JQ,

Any tips on what brush you got and just how cheap? I've redone some ruined classics and stuff with nail polish, they come up okay but I wouldn't mind having a crack at what you've done.
DOUG
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by DOUG »

I got 10 tins of spray paint and just spray them back up once the loose a bit of colour or change tem completely
Dunno what is is nowadays but te paint on lured just doesn't last at all
Mud
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Mud »

Great work JQ....they look excellent!
Its not a crisis unless there is blood around.
If there is blood around......well its a police matter...
Yummygarfish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Yummygarfish »

JewieQueen wrote:Hi All,

To make up for not working at the moment due to bubs i decided i needed a new hobby. I broght some lure blanks off ebay and a cheapish airbrush kit, some createx paints and holographic tape and got creative. Here is a few i have knocked up. blanks in picture to.

Have tested them in the spa and they swim great but tjere is no fish in my spa so the next trial is to see if they actually catch fish :lol: Watch this space!
So the next step is you are putting fish in the spa?? :D

Very nice work by the way.