Fish can get skin cancer

Global warming and overfishing. And any good news we can dig up.
Pecheur
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Fish can get skin cancer

Post by Pecheur »

Hi there,

I was reading this and thought that it might interest some of you.

http://news.sciencemag.org/sciencenow/2 ... r-too.html

I don't know if this is the right place on the forum to post it?
But it is late, so pardon me if it is not.

Have a good day,
Pecheur

olfart
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Fish can get skin cancer

Post by olfart »

Interesting Stuff Regis...OK you guys..put some sunscreen on th fish before ya lay it on th brag mat!!.
" YOUTH is a GIFT "
"AGE is an ART "
"Doesn't mean you get any smarter..just wrinkled and cracked".

"No angler watches nature in a passive way...He enters into its very existence." (John Bailey...Reflections on a Waters Edge)

"Govern a Family as you would catch a small fish....Very Gently." (Chinese Proverb)

"Only those become weary of angling who bring nothing to it but the idea of catching fish." (Rafael Sabatini...1857-1950)

I pray that one day God sends me a fish so big that, when talking of it...I have no reason to lie.
olfart
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by olfart »

On a serious note..Are we now seeing the results of all the fertilizer washed out to sea from th floods.
" YOUTH is a GIFT "
"AGE is an ART "

"No angler watches nature in a passive way...He enters into its very existence." (John Bailey...Reflections on a Waters Edge)

"Govern a Family as you would catch a small fish....Very Gently." (Chinese Proverb)

"Only those become weary of angling who bring nothing to it but the idea of catching fish." (Rafael Sabatini...1857-1950)

I pray that one day God sends me a fish so big that, when talking of it...I have no reason to lie.
Pecheur
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Pecheur »

Hi there,
olfart wrote:On a serious note..Are we now seeing the results of all the fertilizer washed out to sea from th floods.
Would it be possible?
Not trying to be a smart alex, just trying to understand how things works...

Have a good day,
Pecheur
olfart
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by olfart »

Tons of the stuff.. not just from the cane paddocks but all the stuff stored in th sheds..highly soluble. Washes out to sea and promotes algael bloom on th reef.
Huge Kerfuffle in Cairns/Tully/Innisfail, over the impact following TC Larry.
" YOUTH is a GIFT "
"AGE is an ART "

Pecheur
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Pecheur »

Gee,

We don't hear a lot about that...

Have a good day,
Pecheur
olfart
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by olfart »

Should read'Algal' same thing. too much nutrient promotes the growth of an algae that basically takes over and upsets the balance. Eventually smothers the coral.
This then upsets the diet of the inhabitants, as with humans, a diet lacking in the right requirements will lead to disease.
" YOUTH is a GIFT "
"AGE is an ART "

Trier
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Trier »

Don't forget herbicide and pesticide runoff - would expect that may have a more deleterious effect.
Cheers,

Ash
-----------------

If it doesn't fit, get a bigger hammer and hit it harder!

'You can't have mudcrabs without mud'. My son John