Bynoe harbour

And jacks, salmon, jewfish - tell us how you went. NT, FNQ and Norwest.
Cozzy0011
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Bynoe harbour

Post by Cozzy0011 »

Hi all,
Heading out to crab claw this weekend and was wondering if anyone has good reef marks around that area that arnt in the fff bible? I am almost certain that the jetty reef will be packed out with the long weekend and just looking to soak some baits while I wait for the pots. I dont expect many replies but thought i'd put it out there.I plan to put to put my first real big post on after this trip so look out.
Cheers
Cozzy

BarraMick
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Bynoe harbour

Post by BarraMick »

the fff bible has all the good marks for that area in it.
dont be scared off by a crowd.
they only getting bigger each year so get use to it.
AJay
Seadog
Seadog

Post by AJay »

if you are up the creeks crabbing already then I would recommend dropping baits on some of the rockbars up the creeks while you're there.
AM
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by AM »

AJay wrote:if you are up the creeks crabbing already then I would recommend dropping baits on some of the rockbars up the creeks while you're there.
I fish it a bit forjacks this is very
good advice leave the harbour to the
crowds.
AJay
Seadog
Seadog

Post by AJay »

AM wrote:
AJay wrote:if you are up the creeks crabbing already then I would recommend dropping baits on some of the rockbars up the creeks while you're there.
I fish it a bit forjacks this is very
good advice leave the harbour to the
crowds.
Don't forget quality snapper if you know where to find them.
darwinguy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by darwinguy »

Look for the barra warming themselves up on the mud flats out of the wind down towards the bottom of the harbour
jimmythefish
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by jimmythefish »

Hey Cozzy, Howd you go over the long weekend? Did you get a few grabs and fish? I am heading there tomorrow for a few days with the brother in law
Cozzy0011
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Cozzy0011 »

Hey mate,
We smashed the crabs, I reakon we got close to 50 but kept 20 of the bucks. Had a lot of trouble with little crocs there and was constantly moving pots around. We were checking one pot when the missus started punching me in the back, i was like WHAT! she was speachless and pointing at this big black crab walking along the mangroves, he was massive, would have gone at least 25cm - 30 cm accross, chucked 2 pots down but never got him, have to be smart to live that long i guess.
On the fishing front i taught the missus to cast lures and as i had no real idea about the area i just found some logs and used the electric to move around. The first day i cast into a snag and i reakon there was 20 fish there but had no luck so i move up and cast at some more logs and trees and just as the missus says a jack would be nice, i cast in and this big jack came out looked at it and went for home, but we got back out. The second day the missus got a fingermark and a barracuda for here first lure catches and i managed another jack from what looked like a perfect spot.
There was a few barra feeding but nothing super. Once again a good weekend out there even with the prices they charge

Spoke to a few guys at the ramp and they seemed to not have much luck on the crabs and only 1 jewie caught on the reef
jimmythefish
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by jimmythefish »

Good work Cozzy - just got back from three days fishing down there - was a great three days picking up a mixed bag including goldens, gt's, barracuda, jewfish and a 9ft lemon shark off the crabclaw beach while we were waiting for the tide to come up a bit. Crabs were pretty quiet, we only got three for the two full days they were in. Hard to know if the pots were being sharefarmed on not.
We got the jew just on the change of the tide at night, pretty good fight on a new combo. Had a few short fights with fish on handlines too but unfortunately we lost them. We caught the barracuda and gts using red and white roosters over the top of some rocks further south from crab claw, good tiimes on the light gear.
We found it really hard to get a solid anchor anywhere on the jew reef or the bommie. Tried two different anchors too.
Dutchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dutchy »

i was just wondering how anyone has gone in the last week. I am heading to Bynoe in the next week.
I can count to potato!

Keep on keeping on.
Cozzy0011
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Cozzy0011 »

I'm headn to crab claw again this friday/sat might see ya there
BlueyNT
Seadog
Seadog

Post by BlueyNT »

Cozzy0011 wrote:I'm headn to crab claw again this friday/sat might see ya there
Do you camp there at the camp ground or stay in the accomadation .?Last time i was there the accomadation was abit on the exxy side?
$200 a night.

Do they permit you to use the ramp if you are not staying there ?

Kev.
I'm not young enough to know every thing .
AJay
Seadog
Seadog

Post by AJay »

BlueyNT wrote:
Do you camp there at the camp ground or stay in the accomadation .?Last time i was there the accomadation was abit on the exxy side?
$200 a night.

Kev.
you have to pay for a campsite, which is about $40 a day. Obviously good value...
BlueyNT
Seadog
Seadog

Post by BlueyNT »

AJay wrote:
BlueyNT wrote:
$200 a night.

Kev.
you have to pay for a campsite, which is about $40 a day. Obviously good value...

That would be a powered site I expect for that price per day.?

Kev.
I'm not young enough to know every thing .
dirtyruiz
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by dirtyruiz »

Cruise up and down the contour lines on the west side of Indian Island and you'll find fish