Crackers across the Top

Welcome to international visitors. And local members, tell us about your fishing holiday ...
Crackers

Crackers across the Top

Post by Crackers »

Thank you for FFF for following the "Crackers across the Top" Adventure on my 6 month voyage in a 15 foot boat to PNG!
My full story will come out in the "North Australian Fishing & Outdoors" Magazine, I am busy writing that up, also editing & uploading CrackersAdventures to my YouTube channel from my Little Red Boat.

In the 2 days before arriving at Maningrida for school talks my my meals consisted of Mudcrabs, Mackeral, Coral Trout, Barramundi & Lobster. All freshly caught as i have no fridge. I dry fish out for rough days when fishing isn't possible & living off the sea as much as i can.

Was pretty stoked when one of my side trips came together as planned. I google earthed my trip in Darwin & found a creek 100 metres behind the beach in the middle of nowhere, took a screen shot of it & the location, printed it out, put an "X" on the spot to cast from & filed it in the boat until i was near it 1 month later, then went looking for it. The creek had high tide boat access for 1 hour only & i was in there. Would not of worried if i got stuck for a week as the 1st cast on the "X" spot produced a Barra! So did the 2nd cast & the 3rd! In an hour i hooked 30 Barra's, landing 15! I only took 1 photo as the action was very hot but for non believers i videotaped the whole session which will go on my YouTube channel down the track :-)
I kept some of the Barra for dinner then went 60 klm's down the coast to catch up with a yacht for dinner at Hall Round Island. When i got there i immediately dived over the side & had a lobster within 2 minutes which made the evenings meal on board the yacht a great night.

I hope you are having fun following the "Cracker Tracker" at http"//esriaustralia.com.au/crackertracker/ which shows my location, as i am tracked with the GPS "Cracker Tracker".

I will try to say G'day every now & then but difficult on this trip as access to the net is a few & far between thing & when i come into range i have a lot of jobs all of a sudden.

Thank you to Matt Flynn for relaying posts to you all!

Cheers.

Crackers :-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Est_1982
Gold Member
Gold Member

Crackers across the Top

Post by Est_1982 »

Really enjoying following your adventure, keep up the great work!
balawisway
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Crackers across the Top

Post by balawisway »

"Adventure B4 Dementia "....great work Crackers enjoying the writes ups and happy snaps / vids... safe travels :)