sustain or stradic

bvd
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

sustain or stradic

Post by bvd »

:mrgreen:
can anyone tell me why the sustain 5000 is 100 bucks more than the stradic fj 5000?
looking at the specs everything is the same except the stradic seems to have a kilo more drag.
im seriously thinkin about spending up just so i don't have to have that stupid white colour but it would be nice
know im getting a little more than just a nice paint job for an extra hundred bucks :?

cheers

Dave06
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: sustain or stradic

Post by Dave06 »

Not sure of the difference but if you don't like the white what about a CI4 stradic still a stradic but not white. I just got a 3000ci4 & couldn't be happier, very smooth real

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2
mako
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by mako »

Apparently sustain 5000 does not have a titanium lipped spool but stradic fj 5000 does!
smarty
Seadog
Seadog

Post by smarty »

I also don`t know anything about the Sustain but have just purchased a Stradic FJ 8000 and absolutely love it,really smooth reel and smooth drag now i wanna get a 5000 myself....Plus i think the Pearl colour is a nice touch...
doors off
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by doors off »

Mate, hope all is good with whatever you get. Have a look at the Daiwa Caldia, similiar price range to the Stradic/Sustain and in my opinion, a much better reel. The Daiwa bail arms, deeper spool, tough drag, lighter weight, offer much more than the Shimano stuff. I used to have all Shimano (still have my beloved little Stradic from 10 years ago, that is still going strong) but now have all Daiwa bar the old stradic. The Caldia is an excellent/superb reel. On another level are the Daiwa Certates, (I can not speak highly enough of them) however, they are a lot more expensive.

Not bagging Shimano, just that I have been more impressed by the Daiwa stuff and NO wind knots, unlike the shimano stuff (same rod, same braid, same lures, same conditions).

Good luck with it and may whatever you buy Slay lots of fish.

Cheers,
Doors Off
Save the Tuna - Eat a Dolphin!