How light is too light

Kush
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

How light is too light

Post by Kush »

I've never been a fan of heavy gear and am doing most of my spinning now with 8lbs power pro and 20lb flouro leader. Ive landed LongTails and Barra and loving it - anyone else into the light tackle game? I'm going to get another light outfit soon maybe go down to 6lb/10lb, what do you reckon?

I'll obviously get busted off more often but I'm sure i get more hits

Lumborghini
Seadog
Seadog

Re: How light is too light

Post by Lumborghini »

I love smashing fish on light gear, got an 88cm goldie bottom bashing with a 3000 size spinner running 10lb line... took a while and a few scary moments when I could see the spool but I got the big slab in...
Lumbo,

If i'm too drunk to walk I'll rock the party on crutches...
seano
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by seano »

Fishing -10% skill ,90% strength!! :P
nagz
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nagz »

I caught a couple of decent goldies on my bream gear, a stella 2500fe, t curve light and 4lb braid. Just tied on a 15lb fluro carbon leader. Heart in mouth stuff but really enjoyable. It does suck nuts though when something decent molests your p..s ant drag settings :)
Have upped to a minimum of 10lb castaway, which is thin as, and carbontex drag washers, just to get as smooth a drag as i can.
When asked by a non-fisherman "how many fishing rods do you actually need?", the correct response is either:
A) n+1 (where n is the number if rods you currently have); or

B) n-1 (where n is the number of rods which would cause your other half to dump you)