Silstar Reels

Trier
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Silstar Reels

Post by Trier »

Hi all,

Have searched FFF and the net, and can find plenty about Silstar crystal tip rods, but no user reviews about their reels (as opposed to Silstar and tackleshop blurb)

Bought a Silstar 'Stinger' SSB 60 Baitfeeder reel today, as I have been looking at getting another baitfeeder but can't justify getting another Shimano at this stage; any of my reels are likely to get rough treatment on rocks, sand, kids etc., so a cheaper substitute is the go for me at the moment. Had a look at a Shimano 6500 the other day, and certainly the Silstar doesn't feel quite as 'nice' - there seems to be more backlash in the reel and the the handle feels a bit 'sloppy' for want of a better description, but that doesn't bother me unduly - I am more interested in the smoothness or otherwise of the drag, general robustness and how well it casts.

Besides copping a bollocking from those who are dedicated to the black art of baitcaster reels (perhaps timely that the baitcaster vs eggbeater argument has been resurrected yet again!!!), has anyone used a Silstar reel, hopefully the model I have just bought?

Cheers,

Ash
-----------------

If it doesn't fit, get a bigger hammer and hit it harder!

'You can't have mudcrabs without mud'. My son John