Tackle shops in Singapore

davent

Re: Tackle shops in Singapore

Post by davent »

there is actually a pretty goodfishing tackle shop at the very start of gayleng road, big yo zuri sign out the front, nice bloke who works there forget his name, gave me 2 2nd hand yo zuris to try out, they work.
if you are in bali, there is a small tackle shop on the way to seminyak,toko manching(means fishing shop). Guy is a big bloke, name is irian jaya, like the old name for west papua. He is pretty well stocked for high end GT poping gear at good prices. i got a 4000 Saltiga for $500 US, and a nice pioneer poping rod for about $100, heaps of really nice local made dumbell style poppers at different prices, av about $10 each.
Location wise, its just after the big round about to seminyak, there is a smallish estuary/lake/shi pond opposite, and locals fish similar as we would for luderick down south.

Sister Ed
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Tackle shops in Singapore

Post by Sister Ed »

Generally good prices for tackle and line but as someone mentioned, reels can be a simialr price to home. Like all shopping, do the homework. I didnt and even though the shop keeper said I could buy for the same price in Darwin, I wanted that reel. Checked it out when got back and the shop keeper was correct.