Asian Boat Show 2012, Singapore

Trier
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Asian Boat Show 2012, Singapore

Post by Trier »

Found out a few days this show opens today and I reckon I will be going along for a gawk this evening. This is the website: http://www.boat-asia.com/home/home.asp

Will go and see if I can find a tinnie around 4m with a 30hp on the back. :lol:

Any guesses as to how many there might be on exhibit?

I will procure a suitable piece of promotional material for the first person with the right/closest answer and send/give it to them when I get back in a couple of days. I suspect they might be light-on for stubbie holders, but you never know!

Just have to be careful I don't lay down a lousy mill or fifty and come home with a super yacht! :rofl:

Cheers,

Ash
-----------------

If it doesn't fit, get a bigger hammer and hit it harder!

'You can't have mudcrabs without mud'. My son John
Trier
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Asian Boat Show 2012, Singapore

Post by Trier »

Got back a while ago, and got to say was pretty disappointed. Wouldn't even be half the size of the Sanctuary Cove boat show. There were a few big flash boats to drool over, but very little in the way of other boating gear (whether it be fancy gear for blokes with too much money, or standard stuff that all boaties might need).

Nothing there for any tackle rats either.

Certainly didn't do any good in the freeby department, nada. Got a few brochures etc, but didn't see anyone giving away the usual stuff like floating key rings, stickes, stubby holders, pens etc.

Oh, and no tinnies either. There were a couple of RIB's, but only used as tenders for the flash stuff. The smallest (and only) boats there were two Nissan built f/glass boats with a centre cab (walk around) 23' and 25' - the 25' was around S$80k with a 175hp Suzy on the back.

There were a few hot chicks hanging around dressed to the nines though, which brightened things up of course!

All in all a bit of a waste of time really.
Cheers,

Ash
-----------------

If it doesn't fit, get a bigger hammer and hit it harder!

'You can't have mudcrabs without mud'. My son John